More New Fenders....

What's Hot

Comments

• I like the hardtail JM, though am struggling to keep up with how many variations there are now...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Have never felt any particular need to own a Jazzmaster. Until now that is...
  • If the JM had a proper trem and *anything* but the "modern C" I'd be keen. Alas :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Oh fuck! There goes my savings. How did fender read my mind over my need for that mustang?
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Hard-tail offsets? No comment! :)
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Seems that Fender now have a guitar for everybody.

Except of course......the buyer who wants a Classic Player 60's Telecaster (Rosewood Board, Modern Radius)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Skipped said:
    Except of course......the buyer who wants a Classic Player 60's Telecaster (Rosewood Board, Modern Radius)
    the CV 62 custom is a cheaper and perfectly adequate option   (with bridge/saddle upgrade)
    :)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The Jazzmaster isn't really a Jazzmaster and the Mustang isn't really a Mustang.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket;28023" said:
    The Jazzmaster isn't really a Jazzmaster and the Mustang isn't really a Mustang.
    nope but their everything I wanted

[-O<
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Bucket said:
    Yes, more like a 'Jazzapprentice' and a 'Mustangry'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    Bucket said:
    Doesn't mean they aren't cool though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited September 2013
    Bucket said:
    Doesn't mean they aren't cool though. 
    They're alright... I don't mind the JM but I really would miss the rhythm circuit. The trem a little as well, maybe not quite as much.

I guess it's good if you want an "easier" Jazzmaster that you can just plug in and get on with.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Jazzmaster for stupid people.
  • I wonder how many people honestly actually use the rhythm circuit on a jazzmaster? I have one on my jaguar I use from time to time but on an instrument that's already a little darker sounding are there many that need the extra loss of treble? I know you could set up your Amp for the circuit and then use the main for treble boosts etc but how many do?
  • I like the look of the JM BUT I hate tortoiseshell pickguards, so that'd have to go. I also hate the Jazzmaster logo on the headstock - looks awkward and oversized.
    Aaaand I don't like the look of the cream pickup covers..

Give it a plain pickguard, as sensible logo and black or chrome or nickel p/up covers and I want one.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I use the rhythm circuit on my Jazzmasters and Jags all the time. Not often with clean sounds but with the tone backed off and lashings of fuzz, it's perfect for flutey, Hoover sounds and syrup-y feedback.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    EdGrip said:
    Jazzmaster for stupid people.

No, that can't be right because I want one.. Oh no, wait...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogload;28146" said:
    I use the rhythm circuit on my Jazzmasters and Jags all the time. Not often with clean sounds but with the tone backed off and lashings of fuzz, it's perfect for flutey, Hoover sounds and syrup-y feedback.
    Like orthopedic shoes I stand corrected