In appreciation of Marillion’s Kayleigh

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    octatonic said:
    Fuengi said:
    Anyone got a good tab they can share? 
    Not a tab but if you read notation then I can link you.
    I got around to transcribing this a couple of years ago:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1up1iia4ZPk47-ipTfx4RbzN3_E-iczvU/view?usp=sharing
    Should be close enough to get you started ;)
    That's brilliant, thank you! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Ah, 80s women. The woman in the video - Tamara Nowy, Fish's first wife - is so beautiful. If that video was made today the love interest would have a trout pout and fake knockers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    @viz Thanks for posting this. I can remember when this came out and I really didn't like it. Just found it a bit wet and mushy and didn't bother listening to it properly and have never been a fan of Marillion, probably because of this. Now I've just listened to it without prejudice and found it to be a really good song. I'm going to get over to YouTube and source out some of their other stuff as I might have been missing out.
    I'm a lot older now, and a tiny bit wiser (I hope) Cheers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggy said:
    @viz Thanks for posting this. I can remember when this came out and I really didn't like it. Just found it a bit wet and mushy and didn't bother listening to it properly and have never been a fan of Marillion, probably because of this. Now I've just listened to it without prejudice and found it to be a really good song. I'm going to get over to YouTube and source out some of their other stuff as I might have been missing out.

Judging by your forum name you can't be shy of a concept album or two? ;)

My top 3 Fish-era albums:
    1. Fugazi
    2. Misplaced Childhood (especially track 4 onwards)
    3. Clutching At Straws
    My top 3 Hogarth-era albums:
    1. Brave
    2. FEAR
    3. Seasons End
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    proggy said:

Judging by your forum name you can't be shy of a concept album or two? ;)

My top 3 Fish-era albums:
    1. Fugazi
    2. Misplaced Childhood (especially track 4 onwards)
    3. Clutching At Straws
    My top 3 Hogarth-era albums:
    1. Brave
    2. FEAR
    3. Seasons End
    You're dead right I'm not, I love them.
    I think it was just something about that band at that time.
    Thanks for the listening recommendations.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Marbles is a stunning album at times.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Brize said:
    Ah, 80s women. The woman in the video - Tamara Nowy, Fish's first wife - is so beautiful. If that video was made today the love interest would have a trout pout and fake knockers.
    Nah, 80s women looked absolutely terrible. hilarious hair and makeup and dreadful fashion. 
    axisus said:
    Brize said:
    Nah, 80s women looked absolutely terrible. hilarious hair and makeup and dreadful fashion. 

But women nowadays have Groucho Marx eyebrows. I don't know how that's supposed to look attractive.