Furch OM options

Thinking of a Furch guitar, based on general consensus of value and reviews I've read.

Not really got chance to try one, that may change but for now just considering options.

Looking at OM non cutaway I think.   All Solid, which starts with the Blue line, having Walnut and Zebrawood back and sides.

Also looking at Green and vintage series where Rosewood makes an appearance.  

So the question is, where do I start with the range?  The vintage 2&3 look nice but other than fancy aesthetics would they offer much over the Blue series.  And the green series, seems you can spec the almost same guitar as the vintage series, in which case, what is the difference, is it voicing?

Just trying to get an idea of the range, voicing and budget required.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Your profile says you're in Stockport. Forsyths is a Furch stockist. It's where I bought my 12string. I'm sure they could explain and help. 
  •  And the green series, seems you can spec the almost same guitar as the vintage series, in which case, what is the difference, is it voicing?
    The all solid OM's start from the Blue series Cedar and Mahogany.

The coloured series and the Vintage ones are slightly different in tonality, I think they are braced slightly differently as well; but they definitely have different bridges.

Difficult to tell via YT videos but I think there's a slight difference

• Your profile says you're in Stockport. Forsyths is a Furch stockist. It's where I bought my 12string. I'm sure they could explain and help. 
    Yeah there is Forstyths, I like it there and should make a trip.  Would have been going in to the office round the corner had it not been for covid.  They only have a few guitars however and all but one a dreadnought.

There’s Richards guitars also but I think they have little stock.

•  And the green series, seems you can spec the almost same guitar as the vintage series, in which case, what is the difference, is it voicing?
    The all solid OM's start from the Blue series Cedar and Mahogany.

The coloured series and the Vintage ones are slightly different in tonality, I think they are braced slightly differently as well; but they definitely have different bridges.

Difficult to tell via YT videos but I think there's a slight difference

Thanks.  Perhaps the vintage is a bit fuller, a bit less bright.  May be the colour series are lighter construction, will have to hunt some down to play.
  • I would personally would look at 2nd hand higher end stuff, eg Collings 
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    I have a OM20CM that you're welcome to try post-lockdown. I'm just past Northwich