Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What are your project plans for 2021?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Some very interesting projects here :) There are quite a few of mine that have already been started, and a few yet to commence.

Started : 
    3 acoustic builds (small body in some non-Indian rosewood, slope-D in walnut, classical in indian rosewood) i stopped about 7 years ago when we moved out of old house. Bracing done, rosettes done, neck blanks glued up. Still a ways to go there.

2 electrics built as closely as possible, but with different pickups (padauk top/back on lime body, Sunbear Tele and P90 sets, maple neck, ebony board)
    2 further electrics similar construction (lime/bubinga/afromosia sandwich, trialling new finish styles - a Chromeboy-a-like and a Grafitti Yellow with top binding)
    Long gestating rosewood hollowbody (not carved) with Creamery BurnsTrisonic-a-likes.
    Ash bodied bass with J-style pickups

And not yet started : 
    Another amp kit from Modulus
    A carved hollowbody in the style of a Gibson L5. Yes, jump in at the deep end, but really the only thing that concerns me so far is the neck join & fingerboard extension.
    And if i get hold of any cheap Squiers, i'll have a go at more refinishing. Though perhaps not as much as the Tyler Burning Water!

Adam
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    I started a blonde nitro finish on an ash tele body last year. Got as far as grain fill and have sanded one side ready for sealant. However, the edges and front are yet to be done, and now have some very well set filler to sand down. My excuse is that it's been too damp to do the paint finish. Now my excuse is that the filler will be really hard to remove on the edges. My have to get a detail sander in for the start.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    What Rob said above, really - just finish something.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Well, I've been derailed already. Two things are underway, a third 90% finished, but ..... my head has been turned by a new project. It's a curse but you just have to go with the flow when you are on fire for an idea ....
  • I really want to do a fixed bridge shreddy guitar, like a carved neck heel les paul.

Sadly, I live in a flat, don't know how to make guitars either... So it's unlikely to happen! 

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Where to start?! I have 2 builds about 90% completed, and another 2 awaiting necks to be glued in. In terms of new stuff:

• another firebird, my 7/8 non-reverse shape but with the raised central 'ledge' found on the reverse 'birds
    • a semi hollow and double-bound Coronet - I have a fingerboard with ES345 parallelogram inlays earmarked for that
    And who knows what else? Hoping to get power reinstated to my barn shortly which will allow me to work when its not summer.
    www.theflyingacesband.com
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    DrBob said:
    I think the main goal has to be to get something/anything finished & away 
    dchwhite said:
    What Rob said above, really - just finish something.
    Both wiz'd for reading my mind
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I’ve just ordered the parts that I need to do the internal rebuild of my Princeton Reverb.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    I'm toying with the idea of a partscaster reshuffle, taking the baritone conversion neck off my Strat and putting it on to a yet to be purchased Jag body. Although I've just thought, that might not work scale length and intonation wise?
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience