Does action affect tone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• yockyyocky Frets: 812
    @yocky ;

You could ask Avalon to shave something off the top of the bridge to compensate for the low saddle. They did that for me this summer on my Avalon A200. They charged £70 for the shave and £56 for couriers both ways.

Email steve@avalonguitars.com, he sorted mine out. It sounds a lot brighter now.

As it happens, I also have an L2-20, which I think sounds fine, but the action and saddle height are, too, so that probably doesn't help much, sorry.
    Are you saying that because you're looking at my second picture? My Avalon is the top picture with the high saddle.

Anyway thanks, it's good to know they're happy to take on adjustments like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, that's what I was saying, because my Avalon was like the second picture with the low saddle, and is now like the first one.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • yockyyocky Frets: 812
    Yes, that's what I was saying, because my Avalon was like the second picture with the low saddle, and is now like the first one.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.
    Not at all

Anyway I finally got round to putting the same new strings on both guitars and I love them both equally again now, that's made all the difference. So full marks to @ToneControl, cheers.

Zero marks to me I guess for not doing that sooner, but the BSG I was preferring definitely had even older and visibly discoloured strings which made me certain that wasn't the issue.