SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

3 screw mount humbuckers wanted

What's Hot
Anyone have or know where I can get these? Replacing my Carvin pups, 2 screws on one side 1 on the other.
50mm size.
Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I believe The Creamery will do 3 screw pups.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    edited December 2020
    Why not leave the Carvin humbuckers in their three screw mounting surrounds? (They would still need them.) Buy whatever pickups you think best, then, choose the appropriate surrounds to suit those.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TV Jones did adapter plates once. 

You can make your own or ask your local luthier to fabricate one. The only thing they need are a small piece of fibreboard (like found on a fender single coil) or a bit of nickel silver and a 3-48 UNC tap. Cut a tab, drill three holes, tap the outer pair and use a cut down humbucker screw to fasten the new humbucker on. 

It’s easier to do than describing it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bdc64bdc64 Frets: 13
    I will check out the creamery pickups, thanks for your help.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Why not leave the Carvin humbuckers in their three screw mounting surrounds? (They would still need them.) Buy whatever pickups you think best, then, choose the appropriate surrounds to suit those.
    If the surrounds are standard size that seems like the best option, loads of choice of second-hand pickups