2 amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ won't be long b4 some twonk wants one with 3x15"s though...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    /\ won't be long b4 some twonk wants one with 3x15"s though...
    Yeah.... it'll probably be me :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    if you don't want to run two amps simultaneously, wouldn't a good multi-channel amp be a better solution?
    play every note as if it were your first
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Clarky said:
    if you don't want to run two amps simultaneously, wouldn't a good multi-channel amp be a better solution?
    Well its the running together I was mainly interested in but I'll never get rid of my J20 for a multi channeled amp. I love it
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I run two amps simultaneously for my riffing tone..
    a Peavy 5150 mkIII and a Diezel Herbert
    but I do that in the Axe-FX so I have no switching or phase probs etc
    it's all easy.. and fkn loud if I need it to be
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So 2 amps the same wattage both on will be louder?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

Yes
    edited July 2014
    Interesting
    John_A;295506" said:
    hotpickups said:

Yes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

I was solely using a Hughes and Kettner Duotone. It sounds great and mic's up lovely through the PA. It does however lack bottom end. So I tried standing it on a Marshall JCM900 I had lying around and running FX send into FX return. The difference was great! The Marshall B channel Master volume is now a monster bass control (probably only get it around 1 on the dial).

Only the Duotone gets mic'd. The Marshall is just there to make my trousers flap! Isn't that what it's about... Enjoying the best tone you can get?

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    I run 2 amps every gig both on at the same time. ..a Vox ac30 ams a 50w 2x12 limited edition version of the dsl50. Both amps are run clean and I get my dirt from my pedal board. Have one of the amps lightly chorused to and absolutely love the sound... It sounds bigger and fuller. For space reasons the amps are usually stacked on top of each other. . The vox being on top. I always have a spare amp on the go ready unless sods law says that 2 amps will go down in one gig. It means I've got more weight to lug nor than most bit the sound I'd worth it for me. :-)
    This is exactly my thinking siraxeman. I've been speaking to a guy today who famously uses a two amp scenario of whom I would like to emulate. He has both on at the same time and uses a A/B/Y switcher to avoid ground loops etc. I feel this is where I want to be heading once my funds are in place.

Exciting stuff :)
    siraxeman;296709" said:
    I run 2 amps every gig both on at the same time. ..a Vox ac30 ams a 50w 2x12 limited edition version of the dsl50. Both amps are run clean and I get my dirt from my pedal board. Have one of the amps lightly chorused to and absolutely love the sound... It sounds bigger and fuller. For space reasons the amps are usually stacked on top of each other. . The vox being on top. I always have a spare amp on the go ready unless sods law says that 2 amps will go down in one gig. It means I've got more weight to lug nor than most bit the sound I'd worth it for me. :-)
  • EreforGuitarGearEreforGuitarGear Frets: 70
    edited July 2014
    I have messed around at home with running 3 amps (as an experiment)... using a Radial Bigshot AB-Y. Musicman 210RD 100, Orange AD-5 (Through the tuner output), and a Ceriatone 20w Lunchbox OTS. There was only so much I could take from the neighbours' dubious musical library blaring through the wall!!! Needless to say I won... ;) Won't be doing it again though, with great power comes great responsibility etc etc (even though it was good fun!)

Have tried the Musicman and the Ceriatone in a more sensible way and it has worked out nicely.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    EreforGuitarGear said:

There was only so much I could take from the neighbours' dubious musical library blaring through the wall!!! Needless to say I won... ;) Won't be doing it again though, with great power comes great responsibility etc etc (even though it was good fun!)
    Trust me, a 400W/channel PA with subs and some Beethoven albums is the way to fix this particular problem :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM;297746" said:
    [quote=EreforGuitarGear]
    There was only so much I could take from the neighbours' dubious musical library blaring through the wall!!! Needless to say I won... ;) Won't be doing it again though, with great power comes great responsibility etc etc (even though it was good fun!)
    Trust me, a 400W/channel PA with subs and some Beethoven albums is the way to fix this particular problem :).[/quote]

Agreed... I was more Bonamassa than Beethoven though, through 2 Mackie SRM 450s and although I only own one sub (car isn't big enough). Love the fact that I can go from my blu ray player, through the av head/amp into my PA desk. Does make for a fun afternoon especially when my girlfriend is out! ;)
  • Should probably not have it all plugged in though as the lights seem to flicker... Like the twilight zone!
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    You will need a good ABY box to avoid ground hum. 
    Something like a Radial Tonebone Bigshot would fit the bill nicely
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom