SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 8-hole Strat pickguard, preferably tort.

McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
edited January 2021 in Parts £
Anyone got one lurking in their parts bin?? I could buy a genuine Fender one but am outraged by the £73 price tag, which I accept is a little churlish given it will adorn a £2.3k instrument. But there you go, I'm a total tightwad. 

Also on the lookout for plates that will fit a G&L Asat classic 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14554
    Eight-hole, four-ply tort is an anachronism. I'm surprised that Fender has even condescended to make them available.

I am similarly churlish about buying a dark brown tort 'guard for my white AVRI '62 to replace its horrid mint green one with the wrong edge bevel angle.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Eight-hole, four-ply tort is an anachronism. I'm surprised that Fender has even condescended to make them available.

I am similarly churlish about buying a dark brown tort 'guard for my white AVRI '62 to replace its horrid mint green one with the wrong edge bevel angle.
    I'm guessing it's for those CS customers that have the good taste to get rid of the snotplates they put on the 59 relics. Hideous things. 

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 835
    PMd
  • achilleslondonachilleslondon Frets: 7
    edited January 2021
    I've got one, bought by mistake from NorthwestGuitar. It's just 12.99 on their site.

I've got one, bought by mistake from NorthwestGuitar. It's just 12.99 on their site.

Bloody hell - how did I miss that? I'd looked on their site and couldn't find anything. Mustn't have scrolled far enough...

Cheers

• achilleslondonachilleslondon Frets: 7
    edited January 2021
    No worries. I haven't offered you mine (which I have no use of) because it'd be easier if you get it from them (here), in this time of COVID, rather than me sorting the logistic (I am self isolated, coming from abroad).
    But if you have problems let me know.
    No worries. I haven't offered you mine (which I have no use of) because it'd be easier if you get it from them (here), in this time of COVID, rather than me sorting the logistic (I am self isolated, coming from abroad).
    But if you have problems let me know.
    Cheers. Have ordered a tortoise shell one.