NPaD: It's a doozie

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• It lives!

Weirdly, the MP-2 won't accept MIDI messages from the controller directly on any channel - it works perfectly if I run it through the ART, though.

Hoping the same holds true for the G-Major when it turns up tomorrow.

Pedalboard is a similar setup to before - powered by a USB power bank. There's a dual isolating transformer between the preamp and effects units too, so no ground loops.

Magic :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31629
    Looking good! Shame you have to steer it with your feet though. 
    :)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2903
    Awesome! I always wanted to get an MP1 years ago when I went through my 80s phase. 
  • Toe_Knee said:
    Nice one. Enjoy. If you need a solid cheap midi controller look up the melo audio midi commander. Every switch is fully configurable and you can add two expression Pedals.

I've been liking for a stock mp-1 /mp-2 for ages. Looking to replace my triaxis with one. They keep going above £600 though which I refuse to pay as a year or so ago they were selling for 150-200
    Cheers - I've got a Peak FCB4n2 which I'm going to use to start with, as well as the original controller for the ART SGE Mach II (although that one only does PC commands).

I got really lucky with this one; I've got a search saved on eBay and it popped up about 5 miles away. Messaged the guy to ask what price he was aiming for, and he got it at a low price himself. At £175, I wasn't even going to haggle!
    Only just seen this. I used to have the peak. Great controller. 

My search just brings up loads of firmware chips and brake discs the majority of the time! 
  • You bugger.

I was going to bid on that and totally forgot about it and couldn't believe how cheap it sold for. At least it went to "one of us" I suppose... 

• Worth noting that I've not even plugged it into a power amp and cab yet - just running it direct into my interface and running IRs in Reaper, it sounds bloody fantastic. Not had that from any preamp ever.

Colour me seriously impressed.
    So could one buy something such as this and plug the outputs into a focusrite 2i2 into logic ?
    or I remember someone in the guitar shop having a small 3 or 4 space rack in a poly flight case  which was ace . I bet you could put a power amp in and a Palmer cab sim thing and play through a pa or a cab . I used to love all the flashing lights lol 
    Yep, absolutely.
    Thank you