Auto wah fun

hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
edited January 2021 in FX
Just picked up a mad professor Snow White. I used to have one but never got on with it. However, having moved on in years and have more experience I’m having great fun with it. It’s a pedal you really have to understand what each knob does but once done it’s an addictive pedal, Also guitar volume knob gives one extra tonal sounds. Amazing pedal and not sure when I want it off again now   
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    Auto wah is the funkiest thing ever. I have a 3leaf audio Wonderlove deluxe which oozes funky sex tones but I may trade up to the eagerly anticipated @ThorpyFX and Dan Coggin take on the Meatball. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    merlin said:
    Auto wah is the funkiest thing ever. I have a 3leaf audio Wonderlove deluxe which oozes funky sex tones but I may trade up to the eagerly anticipated @ThorpyFX and Dan Coggin take on the Meatball. 
    lol had been waiting for the meatball version but gave up waiting - too impatient for my own good :( Probably still get one though knowing me ;) 
    I’m finding the more gain / Od your have on the less quack one gets. Cleaner the better methinks for the quacky stuff 
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    I’ve tried a couple of different auto wah pedals and can’t get on with them unfortunately 
    russpm said:
    I’ve tried a couple of different auto wah pedals and can’t get on with them unfortunately 
    That’s a shame . So far it’s working for me :) 
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 652
    edited January 2021
    I'm pleased that you found one  :)
  • All I play with autowah is Nutbush City Limits. Bolan didn't use one on the original. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    All I play with autowah is Nutbush City Limits. Bolan didn't use one on the original. 
    I have autowah in my Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX. And interestingly, have used it on that song.  The young girl singing...that's my eldest daughter Lydia when she was 15, at her very first gig with us, and NBCL was the opening number.

I'd always assumed it was Ike Turner on guitar, so interesting to learn it was, at least according to Gloria Jones, Marc Bolan. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Voxman said:
    All I play with autowah is Nutbush City Limits. Bolan didn't use one on the original. 
    I have autowah in my Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX. And interestingly, have used it on that song.  The young girl singing...that's my eldest daughter Lydia when she was 15, at her very first gig with us, and NBCL was the opening number.

I'd always assumed it was Ike Turner on guitar, so interesting to learn it was, at least according to Gloria Jones, Marc Bolan. 

Although according to everyone else it was James 'Bino' Lewis from Ike and Tina's band. Bolan is rumoured to have played on another couple of Ike and Tina tracks but probably didn't. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited January 2021
    Voxman said:

Although according to everyone else it was James 'Bino' Lewis from Ike and Tina's band. Bolan is rumoured to have played on another couple of Ike and Tina tracks but probably didn't. 

That would seem way more likely.  Btw, I forgot that although the Tonelab SE has autowah too, Vox dropped it in all subsequent Tonelab and Valvetronix variants. Interestingly it was the one effect that, based on various forum feedback, customers wanted back. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    Voxman said:

That was really good Young and old getting there groove on.
    Is your daughter still singing?
  • vizviz Frets: 10693
    Voxman said:

Wow her vocal power and intonation are amazing. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Mudcrutch said:
    That was really good Young and old getting there groove on.
    Is your daughter still singing?
    Glad you liked it, and it was fun to do a family gig. The drummer is the son of our then 2nd guitarist.

viz said:
    Wow her vocal power and intonation are amazing. 
    She's a talented girl, and it was a great first outing for her. She sang regularly at Uni where she ran the Cambridge Muso Society there, and we've played together since. The last time was around 10 years ago, and if you visit my voxman5 channel in addition to other clips at the same gig, there are two rehearsal recordings done on a simple 8 track for 'Valerie' (Amy Winehouse style) and 'Honky Tonk Women' where she really belts it out...very bluesy.

Now she's a lawyer she doesn't really perform anymore, but there have been the odd 'guest appearance' with various bands I've been in.

edited January 2021
    This thing is great. Admittedly one had to fiddle with the settings for your rig set up but once done it’s addictive. Adds so much to solos adding interest to them etc. It’s going to be my secret weapon I feel  

As mentioned I used to have one but obviously never knew how to use it. I think I used it for that Edie Brickell song my bacd was doing but never explored further. Definitely a creative tool now for my own solos