Home Recording for Dummies..........

What's Hot
Hi all,

there are 2 books on Amazon,
  • Home Recording for Dummies.
  • Home Recording for musicians for Dummies.
They are both from the same author, so does anyone have a copy of either of these, would you recommend them and does anybody know what the difference is as I can't raise a question in Amazon?. If anyone has an alternative they would recommend, I'd be happy to hear it. 

Finally, me asking about dummies books; yes, I do get the irony  =)

Thanks' all.

dilbert.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    Can’t answer about those, but I have The Producer’s Manual by Paul White. Paul was the editor of Sound on Sound magazine for many years, and is hugely knowledgeable. I find his style really relaxed and the explanations crystal clear. Brilliant book! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3682
    I guess that a lot depends upon where you are on the learning curve.  Are you just starting out (not yet got your system up and running) or have you already learned the basics and want tips to improve?

Mike Senior's book (also one of the Sound on Sound team), Mixing Secrets, is also a recommended text.

Alternatively, if you have specific questions, just ask eether here of the Sound on Sound forum.  People are usually happy to offer advice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    I have several of Paul White’s books. Some of the technology obviously will have dated but the principles are sound. Highly recommended.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Hi all, thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. I'll take a look and see what is available and check out the authors mentioned.

Cheers.

• BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    I have Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies.  I haven’t looked at in quite a while, but it was fine and not as rudimentary as you might imagine.  A useful book.

However, I also have Recording Secrets, and Mixing Secrets by Mike Senior, which are excellent, they tend to be my go to books for recording knowledge.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    @BahHumbug ; thanks for the response, I'll probably got for dummies to get some info, I have done some basic recording but not for some time so that will be a good level to start with.