SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Lowden L25 (1985/1986) Northern Ireland

I’m selling my 1985/1986 Lowden L-25. It is serial number 31, which was built just after George Lowden brought back construction from Japan, but before he lost control of the company. It is generally agreed that the guitars from this era are on par with the current construction, and it is certainly true for this one. The main difference is that this guitar has had 35 years to mature and has become something special! I like to think that because it’s such an early serial number George Lowden must have done a lot of the work himself, as he didn’t yet have his team trained up.

The guitar is structurally sound, with some assorted bumps and bruises, which are to be expected on a 35 year old guitar. However, there are no cracks or dents or anything structurally significant. The only thing worth mentioning is that there is a tiny bit of a gap under the back end of the bridge, but it’s still holding on just fine and has been like this for years. It would cost about 50 Euro for a luthier to put some glue under it and clamp it down, but I don’t think it’s even necessary at the moment. I’ve reduced the price accordingly. The frets are in very good condition with hardly any wear. The neck is straight and the action is perfect at 2.5mm (low E) and 2mm (high e) at the 12th fret.

The specs are essentially the same as the current O25 model:

Cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides (all solid)

1 ¾” (45mm) nut width

2 3/16” (55mm) bridge spacing

5 piece laminate neck

I’m asking 2200 Euro, which is quite a bit under every other Irish build Lowden in reasonable condition that I can find. I’m happy to entertain trade offers for other acoustics. The guitar is currently in Switzerland, but I’m happy to post and have extensive experience shipping and mailing guitars internationally.

Photos can be found on reverb: https://reverb.com/item/38212225-lowden-l25-1986-northern-ireland

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments