James Tyler Guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    Great guitars. I had a black Classic which was my #1 for many years, and if I'm honest, regret selling it a bit. The neck shape and rolled-edges are extremely comfortable, and the trem was the most stable I've used. The headstock ceases to be an issue as soon as you start playing, and you can't see it anyway from playing position (side note: I never had anyone in the audience come and tell me it offended their eyes ;-) ). If I could change anything on the default specs, I'd have liked stainless frets, a nitro finish, and possibly more vintage sounding pickups. Mine had a Super in the bridge, and a pair of 5500's in neck and middle - really well balanced, a touch on the 'hi-fi' side but that's nitpicking. I'd love a schmear-finish, but prices seem to have rocketed on those recently.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 863
    @March - where did you lose your shit?

BTW - am I the only one who has always loved the headstock shape, since the moment I first saw a Tyler! Seriously a great alternative to traditional Fender and Gibson. 
    I'm in the love camp too. I love that it's not a subtle redesign of a fender,  and I love the fact that no one knows what it is. I also like they haven't jumped on the relic band wagon, and just concentrate on great playing modded strat designs.

Couldn't justify £5k on a USA one, but the Japan version is great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Only difference between my newly acquired Jap one and two old US ones is the weight. US ones were featherlight , maybe even too light, Jap one is heavier but still light and comfortable. 
    No difference tone wise, it sounds killer. 
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom