RIP Tim Bogert

What's Hot
JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
Bassist with Vanilla Fudge and Beck, Bogert & Appice has died.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    I've never really heard much of his music - apart from the very track you've posted above - but nevertheless he's one of those "names" I've seen countless times over the years.  RIP.
  • Sad news. I saw Beck, Bogart and Appice way back in 1973.

It's not a competition.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    RIP. Both Vanilla Fudge and BB&A were fine bands.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Philly_Q said:
    I've never really heard much of his music - apart from the very track you've posted above - but nevertheless he's one of those "names" I've seen countless times over the years.  RIP.
    No, I had limited knowledge of his output other than a few Vanilla Fudge tunes and BB&A. Spent a while today YouTubing him and he seemed to have a distinctive bass sound, quite fuzzy, not dissimilar to Felix Pappalardi. He and Carmine Appice played together for 40+ years. VM version of Some Velvet Morning! -

• DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2362
    Love Vanilla Fudge.

Appice made an impression on John Bonham and George Clinton moved in a whole different direction after seeing them.

Tim was playing some sort of Telecaster bass in the first video.

RIP Tim. 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    RIP Tim. Vanilla Fudge were great. Their album Rock & Roll is one of my all time favourites. 
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 128
    I remember Tim at GIT.He coordinated live performances.Im proud to have known him and to have had him as one of my teachers.I learnt alot from Tim that helped when it came to live performances.
    I remember him cutting off this band after 30 seconds for really sounding bad and shoving them of the MI stage to make way for the other performers in awaiting.

RIP Tim.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom