Martin 000-13e/000-12e

Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
edited January 2021 in Acoustics
Anyone had a look at either of these?

Currently having a GAS attack for a small Martin and as non essential travel, shielding etc means no going out then thinking of maybe buying new.

Have had a look at both the 000-13e looks great, really like the white binding and all wood, just not sure about the richlite fretboard (only because my ocd likes to oil boards when changing strings!) and the 000-12e has laminate sides and back which doesn't seem great for a guitar over a grand.

Having a listen on You Tube the 000-13e sounds warmer and more appealing to me......choices choices

I know the answer is to just get a 000-18 although the fact it is a grand more expensive makes it hard to swallow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    The happy middle ground in between these and the 18 series would be a used 000-17. They are bloody great and don’t worry about re sale, you will get back what you paid. They are super lightweight and that matters. I challenge anyone to play one and not be very pleased with one 
    Infact I would take a 17 over an 18 I think 

The cheaper Martins aren’t all that great for the money from my view. 

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    The 000-17 whiskey sunset looks a cracker, looks like Peach had them at a great price once too.

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I think a few of them ran them at £1200 for a bit, G village did too. Can’t see that happening again any time soon given how people are struggling for stock