Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are you good at something you hate doing?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Honestly, no. 

When I did my CBT a while ago now, the practitioner told me that not only did I have moderate to severe depression (at the time, I'm much happier now) but I also exhibited quite drastic perfectionist tendencies.

When a lot of people hear the word perfectionist, they think it's just someone trying to brag about how good they are. But that's not what it means. It essentially means that if you're not instantly good at something, you just immediately give up and don't even try.

So throughout my life I have only ever chased the things that I'm good at. Which is a big challenge to overcome, because it means simple things like putting a bloody door knob on a door become this huge thing in my mind that I don't want to even try.

But I'm slowly getting better at handling it. And I've gone further and further out of my comfort zone in the last 5 years than I ever did in the entirety of my 20's!!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CNC and Manual Lathe Turning! Good at it, fucking hated it, or maybe I just hated the Industry and the environment.

Haven't done it for 5 years now. Skills will be fading somewhat, but I've never been happier than in my current job. 
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    Other than masturbation, strangling animals and golf, I’m struggling to think of anything to be honest.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Other than masturbation, strangling animals and golf, I’m struggling to think of anything to be honest.
    Surely the Golf comes first? Then the rest!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Other than masturbation, strangling animals and golf, I’m struggling to think of anything to be honest.

That would certainly explain the strong bottom hand grip and the problems tugging it off to the left from the tee. 

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24328
    Your wives?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4102
    Being a strategy creator and senior manager.  But I keep getting promoted!? Wtf.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited January 2021
    I’m quite good at painting and drawing but I no longer get as much satisfaction out of it as an art form than writing/recording music. Which I’m shit at, but I still enjoy a lot more.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    Online poker.
    Being an obedient cog in the corporate wheel.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Working on, fixing and restoring motorcycles. I love it, but there is one thing I hated about it and that was having to strip the electrics/loom out of a Honda Goldwing for repainting/restoration. That was a pig of a job and I lost my rag with it, throwing a right tantrum. For my penance my boss made me ride a pink Honda city moped 30 miles for an MOT to gain some perspective, or maybe he was just an asshat!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12349
    Managing rowdy teenagers at the kids home where I work. I'm not naturally a guy who likes confrontation but have to get on with it at work all the time.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"