Posting photos using Flickr

My Imgur account has just stopped working today after years of having no problems at all!  Tried to open another account and not joy.

So, opened a Flickr account and that works fine but I can't work out how to post actual individual images on the forum.  I found it easy to get a general link to an album or series of photos I'd downloaded but can't see any other sharing options.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Roland said:
    Thanks for that, appreciate the advice.  I just tried it in a post today (my first time using Flikr) and it worked!  Here's the link.......it's the photo at the end of the Flickr links.

One question......is the 'file icon' you mentioned the one that looks like a document in the tool bar above the body of the post?  It says "attach image/file".  I assume so.

Cheers

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    Another way of posting from Flickr is:

In Flickr open your Photostream then left click on the photo you want to post. The photo will open in a new window. At the bottom right of the window there are four symbols. You need to left click on the one the one that is a downward pointing arrow which will open a pop-up menu. Now left click on menu item 'view all sizes' which will open a new window where the photo has a whole lot of available sizes written above it. The default size will probably be something like 'Large 1024' which is fine. Now right click on the image and from the pop-up menu choose 'Copy Image Location'. If you only want to post one image you can now close down Flickr but keep it open if you want to post more than one.

Now go to your post in The Fretboard forum and put your cursor in the place you want the photo to appear. At the top of the text box there is a little black symbol that says 'attach image/file' if you hover over it. Click its small arrow and an 'image URL' box will open. Right click on the box and from the pop-up menu choose paste. That will paste in the URL of your photo. Next HIT THE SPACE BAR. Don't use the enter key. You photo will then appear in your post

With this method there is no need to edit the Flickr URL. Just paste straight in and hit the space bar.
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Jimbro66 said:
    Another way of posting from Flickr is:

In Flickr open your Photostream then left click on the photo you want to post. The photo will open in a new window. At the bottom right of the window there are four symbols. You need to left click on the one the one that is a downward pointing arrow which will open a pop-up menu. Now left click on menu item 'view all sizes' which will open a new window where the photo has a whole lot of available sizes written above it. The default size will probably be something like 'Large 1024' which is fine. Now right click on the image and from the pop-up menu choose 'Copy Image Location'. If you only want to post one image you can now close down Flickr but keep it open if you want to post more than one.

Now go to your post in The Fretboard forum and put your cursor in the place you want the photo to appear. At the top of the text box there is a little black symbol that says 'attach image/file' if you hover over it. Click its small arrow and an 'image URL' box will open. Right click on the box and from the pop-up menu choose paste. That will paste in the URL of your photo. Next HIT THE SPACE BAR. Don't use the enter key. You photo will then appear in your post

With this method there is no need to edit the Flickr URL. Just paste straight in and hit the space bar.
    Absolutely brilliant, many thanks for that.  That's two great ways to post individual photos.  Really appreciate it!   :)