Focusrite Solo or Audient Evo 4

Going to order a new interface soon and debating between the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen, or Audient Evo 4. Mainly planning on using it for the guitar input for playing and recording through plugins in Reaper - Mercuriall Spark and maybe the new Neural Gojira.

I know Focusrite will be a solid choice but wondering if the JFET input on the Audient makes much of a difference in sound or feel? Do both have a similar quality of Win10 drivers and low latency? Also a good headphone amp is crucial for my usage, will be using it with 80 ohm DT770s mainly, but also 32 ohm Grados from time to time. Is the Audient worth the extra tenner or just go with the tried and tested Focusrite?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Probably very little in it quality wise, the evo is newer, so doesn’t have the track record and you do see a fair few “for parts not working”audient interfaces on ebay 

having said that, I had an id44 and it was great :)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    edited January 2021
    Think I'll probably just stick with Focusrite then in that case just for peace of mind! Cheers. The more I look at the Audient, I think I'd just get annoyed with the 1 knob layout, as nice as it looks.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    TTBZ said:
    Think I'll probably just stick with Focusrite then in that case just for peace of mind! Cheers. The more I look at the Audient, I think I'd just get annoyed with the 1 knob layout, as nice as it looks.
    A wise choice IMO
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3609
    In terms of Win10 stable interfaces, the new Tascam US-HR range talks a good fight