Phil Spector

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Cirrus said:
    Yep, that's very true. But murders happen all the time, there's a reason the death of Spector in particular is in the news and being talked about at all, and that's his career. So it is important. That doesn't mean I don't empathise with the victims of a murder, I just don't think it really serves to get speculatively outraged on behalf of some people none of us in this thread know, and it's not like the headline is the sum total of the content of the article anyway. 
    Very true. If anyone needs to point accusatory fingers then perhaps the entertainment industry is a better target. It will excuse all kinds of behaviour as long as the person is making money for them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    edited January 2021
    JezWynd said:
    Very true. If anyone needs to point accusatory fingers then perhaps the entertainment industry is a better target. It will excuse all kinds of behaviour as long as the person is making money for them.
    The BBC proves that, as does the Weinstein Industry. The BBC claiming that the first headline "did not meet our editorial standards" is a sack of shit, like they're trying to apologise for their own dark and sordid past. 

It don't work Auntie, despite changing world standards for documentaries, news, entertainment and education, you're still a cunt. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I suspect he was a case of diminished responsibility ...........apparently he was well known for being completely mad and deeply troubled / schizophrenic . Also, generally very disliked long before the murder case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Dominic said:
    I suspect he was a case of diminished responsibility ...........apparently he was well known for being completely mad and deeply troubled / schizophrenic . Also, generally very disliked long before the murder case.
    Imagine you have just read that but you thought that you'd clicked the "Captain Tom" thread. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom