Multi Modulation FX recommendations

What's Hot
HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
I'm looking to try and condense my board a bit and seeing if I can replace my Mini Vent, DC-2, phase 99 and Flint, so far all the Multi Mod pedals I've tried (Keeley Super Mod) and seen demos of (MD-200 & Terraform) the Trems & Rotary presets have been a bit off.  

Is it worth investigating something like a HX Stomp? Of interest are the Trem presets on the Mobius the same as the Flint?

All thoughts appreciated.

Cheers all
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Use this to help you make your mind up https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/181112/line-6mm4-modulation-modeller#latest.  Pretty please!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 600
    Add a Zoom MS70CDR to your list to check out. Super compact and might do the job...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Boss MD200
  • Take a proper look at the Terraform - the pre/post loop is a brilliant innovation and the models are pretty convincing. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Take a proper look at the Terraform - the pre/post loop is a brilliant innovation and the models are pretty convincing. 
    You can do that with the MD200 also?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1601
    Enjoying my TC Plethora for mod effects. 
  • There's a reason the Strymon Mobius is still going for very decent money second hand. It also does the pre-post thing per present. I've have one on my pedalboard for nearly four years now and it's not going anywhere. The effects are stellar and they are really flexible; I even use it as a wah using an expression pedal and the filter engine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Use this to help you make your mind up https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/181112/line-6mm4-modulation-modeller#latest.  Pretty please!
    I'm tempted :D I had one years ago and really enjoyed it. But I am looking something smaller and lighter in weight. 

Thanks for the great suggestions. The Terraform would suit me best editing wise but as I have no gigs and more time to learn something with deeper editing I'm weighing up between a Mobius or GFI Synthesia (which I really like the look of), but if a decent priced Mobius comes along that may clinch it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 640
    If you just want time based effects, modulations and reverbs this should see you right. It looks like it could be intimidating but it's really no harder to use than a single TC Electronic pedal. 
    abw1989 said:
    If you just want time based effects, modulations and reverbs this should see you right. It looks like it could be intimidating but it's really no harder to use than a single TC Electronic pedal. 
    Interesting. Do you know if you can you use more than one sound at a time?
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 640
    Oh hell yeah!

It has five 'slots' so you can put a phaser, delay, reverb, chorus, tremolo in and turn them all on and off at will. The five slots count as a 'board' and you store several boards.

It has pretty much every pedal that TC Electronic make in there, other than drives.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2330
    HoraceB said:
    abw1989 said:
    you can use 5 at any one time.  

I had one for a while.  Sold it because although some of the sounds were excellent I really didn't like the way it overwrites your previous settings when exiting the editor. You make a change and exit the editor and your previous setting is instantly overwritten with no way to get it back unless you save your change to a new patch.   Possibly the latest firmware fixed that.

Plus  I didn't really find the editor very intuitive/easy to use compared to other effects pedals.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3050
    @HoraceB Have you tried an Eventide H9? I love mine!
    thomasw88 said:
    HoraceB said:
    abw1989 said:

I had one for a while.  Sold it because although some of the sounds were excellent I really didn't like the way it overwrites your previous settings when exiting the editor. You make a change and exit the editor and your previous setting is instantly overwritten with no way to get it back unless you save your change to a new patch.   Possibly the latest firmware fixed that.

Plus  I didn't really find the editor very intuitive/easy to use compared to other effects pedals.
    Well thanks for that curve ball! I thought I had my mind made up :D. I'm still leaning slightly towards the Synthesia
    @HoraceB Have you tried an Eventide H9? I love mine!
    Yes, I actually used to have one, I know that there is a really good Rotary setting on that too. I think Josh Smith has one that he uses for that. Oh no! Another curve ball!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2330
    edited January 2021
    HoraceB said:
    thomasw88 said:
    HoraceB said:
    abw1989 said:

Well thanks for that curve ball! I thought I had my mind made up D. I'm still leaning slightly towards the Synthesia
    It's a nice pedal, and if TC put the time and effort they say they are going then could be great.   
    But I  think for a gigging guitar player there are much better options.  The terraform is very nice as is the mobius (my all time fave).  The rotary on the mobius is excellent btw.
  • HoraceB said:
    Use this to help you make your mind up https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/181112/line-6mm4-modulation-modeller#latest.  Pretty please!
    I'm tempted :D I had one years ago and really enjoyed it. But I am looking something smaller and lighter in weight. 

Thanks for the great suggestions. The Terraform would suit me best editing wise but as I have no gigs and more time to learn something with deeper editing I'm weighing up between a Mobius or GFI Synthesia (which I really like the look of), but if a decent priced Mobius comes along that may clinch it. 
    I decided H20 did what I wanted so it’s up for grabs , 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14534
    HoraceB said: 
    DC-2
    I doubt that anything else exactly replicates the Dimension C sounds. The Wazacraft version should.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8741
    HoraceB said: 
    DC-2
    I doubt that anything else exactly replicates the Dimension C sounds. The Wazacraft version should.
    AxeFX comes close, and also allows you to build your own from component blocks.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.