SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted Kalamazoo kg-14 or kg-11

What's Hot
GandalphGandalph Frets: 1588
edited January 2021 in Acoustics £
I’ve got an itch to scratch for a vintage Kalamazoo. 
Any out there? 

Sorted, thank you for all the suggestions and a big thank you to @zoonyboy. ;
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1588
    edited January 2021
    Im not really looking for an Archtop but thanks anyway! 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I may sell mine. Think this condition it termed players grade these days....
    It’s early, maybe ‘33. It weighs less than 3lbs and plays better than any ‘zoo I’ve ever had and I think I’ve had 11

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Andy79 said:
    I may sell mine. Think this condition it termed players grade these days....
    It’s early, maybe ‘33. It weighs less than 3lbs and plays better than any ‘zoo I’ve ever had and I think I’ve had 11

Wow that’s certainly lived it’s life! 
    PM’d you mate.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Looks lovely, Andy. 

To the OP, I sold an extremely nice KG-14 six months ago, I’m afraid. You might want to check out Glenn’s Guitars, he usually has a few of these oldies in stock. 
    pjf said:
    Looks lovely, Andy. 

To the OP, I sold an extremely nice KG-14 six months ago, I’m afraid. You might want to check out Glenn’s Guitars, he usually has a few of these oldies in stock. 
    Yours is/was a particularly fine example as I remember. Last I hear you were keeping hold of it? 

edited January 2021
    pjf said:
    Looks lovely, Andy. 

Just dug into the archives and found the one you sold. Yup it looked a beauty!
    I keep looking on Glenn’s website but not a lot in right now. 

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2472
    edited January 2021
    This one is nice, I originally thought it would be a square neck but it doesn’t appear to be the case. 
    That has a wider nut than the standard one. There was the mahogany top Mastertone special version of that guitar on Facebook for ages at a v reasonable £600. Can’t see it now so must be sold 
    I think the KHG-11’s were originally Hawaiian guitars with the raised bridge and nut. From what I can find out, and as Andy says, they’ve got a nearly 2” nut and an even chunkier neck than the already chunky K-11’s. 
    I’ve emailed the seller to see it it has been converted to a standard set up but the thought of that neck and nut gives me the heebie-jeebies 
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Andy79 said:
    pjf said:
    Looks lovely, Andy. 

Yours is/was a particularly fine example as I remember. Last I hear you were keeping hold of it? 

That was the one. And yes that was the plan! It went to a guy who works in the Coda acoustic shop – he’ll do it justice and had coveted one for quite a while. I don’t really do any gigs so this was a way (a) of keeping it in safe, non-dealer hands and (b) getting it back out there performing in front of crowds rather than languishing in my modest collection. 
  • I think Glenn has a 'new' one on his website......
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 168
    I have a quite nice one for sale, very good shape, original neck set and bridge height with action just as it left the factory. Up for sale if you need a good playing/sounding/looking KG (has well repaired side crack, looks lovely all round).
    Zoonyboy said:
    I have a quite nice one for sale, very good shape, original neck set and bridge height with action just as it left the factory. Up for sale if you need a good playing/sounding/looking KG (has well repaired side crack, looks lovely all round).
    Message sent to your inbox 
  • I think Glenn has a 'new' one on his website......
    It looks really nice, shame he always copies and pastes his descriptions, he says it has no repairs but you can see a cleat glued to the inner back through the soundhole! 
    Zoonyboy said:
    Let’s see it then.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think Glenn has a 'new' one on his website......
    It looks really nice, shame he always copies and pastes his descriptions, he says it has no repairs but you can see a cleat glued to the inner back through the soundhole! 
    And a plan view of the saddle....