SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Kit built LP with relic nitro burst and Vintage 70's DiMarzio's

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 16726
edited January 2021 in Guitars £
This started as a LP kit I picked up for some finish practice.  

Its a solid mahogany body and neck with ebony fretboard.   Its topped off with a fantastic flamed maple veneer.   

Its been finished in a nitro burst that's just starting to show the first stages of fading out under the plates.   There is a mix of gibson custom shop style knife checking and forced temperature checking as that's what I was experimenting with at the time i sprayed it.  Nicely subtle on this from most angles, and bloody hard to capture in a picture

I originally put it together with a bigbsy style trem, but never liked it and put it to one side for a couple of years.  That has now been removed and its been reassembled with quality parts.  Its now playing and sounding great.   Grover tuners, Gotoh bridge and tailpiece, CTS pots with orange drop caps etc.   I think the only parts left from the kit are the back plates.

It is currently fitted with a set of vintage 70's square footed DiMarzio's.  Leads have been extended on the neck pickup.  Double cream Superdistortion(technically dual sound i think) and PAF.  Prices seem to be creeping up on these, so a real bonus here

There are a couple of imperfections to mention.  I had to reposition the bridge slightly so it was plugged and redrilled.  also has a bigsby snake bite.   The fills are not particularly neat, but suit the relic look.  Everything is properly solid.. 

Looking for £400.

Collection always preferred, but ya know... Covid etc.  happy to discuss options

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8723
    Giveaway price for a WezV guitar 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    Lovely. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    wowzers!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    Wow for the great finish work! GLWTS.
    Tim
  • Nice!
  • Oh man. Fancy trading for another kit project for you to work on? :grin: 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16726
    Oh man. Fancy trading for another kit project for you to work on? :grin: 
    what do you have in mind... although I really need no more projects :D 

Had a question about how this compares to a proper LP replica...   Lets be clear here folks, the basic woodwork is closer to high end epi or mid range tokai than it is a "proper les paul".     

Note it has a 3-peice body, scarf jointed neck and the flamed maple is just a veneer.  

its plays and sounds great and looks awesome, but its still a Chinese kit guitar no matter how well its put together,  and I have priced it with this in mind

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Crazy bargains! I make you much values, Sir!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • I'm very surprised this is still here, seems like a cool & cheap guitar to add to a collection!
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    I'm very surprised this is still here, seems like a cool & cheap guitar to add to a collection!
    Yep as you say, lovely cool looking guitar, with quality parts, and for not a lot of money - why is it still here???
    Must stop looking :anguished: 

On postage,   I don't have a case for this but do have some suitable boxes.   I can offer postage, but might need a few days to sort out a bit more packaging material 
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 61
    edited January 2021
    any photos? cheers

Update: Sorry, Ignore. Work laptop is blocking images... serves me right. Haha 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Shipwreck said:
    any photos? cheers
    Of what? @WezV's packaging materials?!?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sold,  pending the usual
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom