SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED Guild D-40 or F-30

What's Hot
Timeline88Timeline88 Frets: 78
edited February 2021 in Acoustics £
Is anyone looking to sell a New Hartford era (or more recent) D-40 or F-30 Guild acoustic?

Bit of a niche ask but I like Guild guitars and have never owned an acoustic. I own an EKO Ranger VI, so know I'd get on with a dreadnought but I'd like to try an OM size as I've never had one. I think I'd probably find an F/M-20 a bit small.

I've heard a lot of good things about the New Hartford guitars but would also be happy to hear from anyone interested in selling one of the current production models.

Cheers,
Joe
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
  • Andy79 said:
    Hey Andy, thanks for sharing this. It hadn’t come up when I’d been searching. I know a bit less about the Tacoma era guitars but I think the general consensus is that Guild have never really had a ‘bad’ period. Cheers, Joe
  • Thanks @Andy79, I owe you a finders fee... Pulled the trigger on it this morning. It looks as though it's a Traditional model from 2006 as they didn't introduce a 'Standard' until 2010 and therefore it's got a Adirondack top rather than the Sitka top they've listed. Considering they're offering free next day delivery, at £999 it seemed too good an opportunity to wait around on!
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Oh well done, looks very nice and that Red top will have broken in nicely by now. Let’s have some decent photos and stuff when you get it. I’m slightly envious 
  • Hey @Andy79, here it is and it's an absolute beaut! I had pretty high expectations for it but it's exceeded all of them, it's such a great guitar. Thanks again for putting me on to it!

https://i.imgur.com/xIFX7Pl.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    It's fab. Good score!
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Hey @Andy79, here it is and it's an absolute beaut! I had pretty high expectations for it but it's exceeded all of them, it's such a great guitar. Thanks again for putting me on to it!

https://i.imgur.com/xIFX7Pl.jpg
    Hey @Timeline88 how are you finding it?
  • Timeline88Timeline88 Frets: 78
    Hi @danishbacon, it’s brilliant! It’s got a gorgeous sound and for a smaller body acoustic it’s really loud and chords ring out for days. I’ve had a few vintage Guilds but this is my first acoustic and can say that the build quality is as great as ever, I can’t believe I managed to pick it up for a grand! Compared to some Martin’s I tried in the £1-2k bracket, it’s a far far better guitar.

If you’re looking out for one, they’re worth every penny.