Help - My FA-66 isn't working properly!!!!

I have an Edirol FA-66 FireWire audio interface which I've had for years and years, it worked fine in Vista, windows 7 and up until before Christmas windows 10 (op systems all updated on the same computer). I now have a new computer, and I just can't get it to work properly. The computer is my sons old one, but is still hi spec, and is running windows 10. It didn't have a firewire port so I installed a startech 2 port PCI Express 1394a Firewire card. In device manager it says that this is working correctly. I have downloaded and installed the latest FA-66 drivers from the Roland website, but when playing anything through it the sound is really really distorted. Does anyone have an FA-66 and experienced this problem?

There are a number of vids on youtube which offer solutions involving restarting windows to disable certain start up settings and
using a roland patcher to modify the driver. I've tried these and combinations including downloading the firewire lagacy driver but to no avail. The FA-66 is a great bit of kit, with all the ins and outs and features that I need. To replace it with an equivalent USB model would cost quite a bit, and as I only dabble, it doesn't seem viable. The firewire card is a firewire 400 with TI chipset. Could it be that there is a fault with this that would cause the distortion?

I believe that the FA-66 is working ok as I disconnected it from the computer and played music through the phono inputs and could hear this undistorted through the phones output.

Any help and assistance would be very much appreciated

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments