SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 1960's Gretsch Corvette

What's Hot
MototechMototech Frets: 102
edited February 2021 in Guitars £
I'm looking for a 60's Gretsch Corvette,  preferably with the 4+2 headstock. I have a 1965 6132 with Burns tremolo & am really after a non trem guitar, I'd definitely consider one that needed a bit of work, as I'd like to stick a P90 in it, as a bit of a homage, not that I can play slide like Rory Gallagher.  3

Brian 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7914
    You’re more likely to find one over at Gretschtalk. 

• MototechMototech Frets: 102
    TheMarlin said:
    You’re more likely to find one over at Gretschtalk. 

Thanks I'll head there.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7914
    Something to watch our for.  A storage unit was found (about 10 years back) full of Corvette neck & bodies, along with AstroJet bodies.  
    They were cautioned off, and they all turned up on eBay 
    A lot of people made knockoff 60’s Corvetes, so many of  the guitars on the market are not original, more of a modern tribute. 
    So, check for proof/provenance before parting with any money. 
    GretschTalk will set you on the right path. 
    Not an awful lot of these in the UK.  They used to fetch £300-£400, but people are now asking for nearly £1. Doubt anyone pays that though. 
    Personally, i think the modern Corvette/CVT is a much better guitar.  That Burns trem is useless. 
    M :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    Something to watch our for.  A storage unit was found (about 10 years back) full of Corvette neck & bodies, along with AstroJet bodies.  
    They were cautioned off, and they all turned up on eBay 
    A lot of people made knockoff 60’s Corvetes, so many of  the guitars on the market are not original, more of a modern tribute. 
    So, check for proof/provenance before parting with any money. 
    GretschTalk will set you on the right path. 
    Not an awful lot of these in the UK.  They used to fetch £300-£400, but people are now asking for nearly £1. Doubt anyone pays that though. 
    Personally, i think the modern Corvette/CVT is a much better guitar.  That Burns trem is useless. 
    M :)

Thanks for the heads up. Prices are definitely increasing, but luckily the one I have I got at the right price.

You're not wrong about the Burns contraption. ; :/
    Still looking.