SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Gibson R7/R8/R0. Trade added - Fender American Vintage 65 Strat

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• NCoNCo Frets: 160
    @eatapeach That 1998 R8 is stunning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    eatapeach said:

1999 R8 Appetite burst - all stock

Absolutely stunning guitars!

I am however confused as my understanding is that there were no R8s made in 1999. Everything I've read says that in 1999/2000 all the sunburst historics were classified as 40th Anniversary models of the 1959 original "bursts". 

I have a 1999 R9 with a plain top - see earlier in the thread - and I think in any other year this would be classified as an R8. It certainly has a big, chunky R8-style neck which rules it out for the OP.

Your guitar with that top (lovely subtle flame - looks very authentic) would AFAIK be an R9 if it was a 1999 model. It should be stamped as such in the control cavity. Just saying as it is probably worth more as an R9, even if it's just a technicality!
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    @Basher - have pm'd you re your R9
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 110
    Basher said:
    eatapeach said:

1999 R8 Appetite burst - all stock

Absolutely stunning guitars!

I am however confused as my understanding is that there were no R8s made in 1999. Everything I've read says that in 1999/2000 all the sunburst historics were classified as 40th Anniversary models of the 1959 original "bursts". 

I have a 1999 R9 with a plain top - see earlier in the thread - and I think in any other year this would be classified as an R8. It certainly has a big, chunky R8-style neck which rules it out for the OP.

Your guitar with that top (lovely subtle flame - looks very authentic) would AFAIK be an R9 if it was a 1999 model. It should be stamped as such in the control cavity. Just saying as it is probably worth more as an R9, even if it's just a technicality!
    typo - it's 1998 with a 88 serial number - and hang tags.  I should check before opening my mouth!
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    How much for the AVRI 65 out of interest? :D
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    How much for the AVRI 65 out of interest? :D
    You're 3rd in the queue for a cash sale James  ;)
  • fretboarderfretboarder Frets: 22
    eatapeach said:
    Still looking?  I'm not sure these will fit the bill as they aren't plaintops or 59 necks.

All R8s.  - more photos available if you are interested.

I would take the Strat in p/ex .

1998 R8 Appetite burst - all stock

2001 Faded cherry R8 with OX4 pickup double white pickups.  Florian Jaeger Bavarian makeover with Grovers

2002 R8 dirty lemon with DM PAF in the neck, aged Fatboy rings and poker chip, aged nickel bridge cover.

The 02 R8 is cool!!
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 110
    as far as I know - the florian jaeger one started out as a lemonburst also.  I got it off LPF - I had an R7 for sale and some guy drove from Portsmouth to buy it.  He didn't, but a month later he obvs couldn't forget it and offered me the R8 plus cash for the goldtop.  Mind you it was a very nice R7  =)
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!