Rupert Neve RIP

What's Hot
Just announced that the audio industry legend has passed away at 94... https://www.rupertneve.com/rupert-neve-obituary/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AornicAornic Frets: 476
    RIP so much of our favourite music was recorded on his innovations.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Aornic said:
    RIP so much of our favourite music was recorded on his innovations.
    I think it's reasonable to say that much of the music we've all grown up listening to would not have sounded quite the same without him.

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RIP indeed although the music his equipment helped to shape will prove to be immortal. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • RIP
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4802
    RIP, can only echo the same thoughts as everyone above. Clearly a very intelligent and innovative gentleman. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    I remember the first real recording session I did was at Yorkshire Television back in the early 70's and they had just taken delivery of a new Neve mixing desk.  It was my first time ever in a studio and so Neve didn't mean anything to me (I was 18 at the time), but the engineers were all gushing over it and they got a great sound for us.  I only wish I had a tape of the session.  

RIP Rupert Neve, I have always wanted one of your desks since then, but never had the money.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom