SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Maybe For Sale: 1972 Gibson Embossed T Top Pickups.

I say maybe, as I'm not 100% sure about selling these, so trying to guage interest.

The pickups are in mint condition, currently fitted to my 1965 Melody Maker that was converted in 1973 to humbuckers, very like Pat Travers' guitar.

I've seen these in Ebay sold listings go for between £250 & £300 each, so I think, considering their condition, £550 for the pair delivered is fair.

If they sell, great, if not, I'm happy to hold onto them.

Brian 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’d hang onto those and keep them for the MM. It’s already modified, but the T-Tops add more interest (and value!) to it than aftermarket pickups would.
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    edited February 2021
    I’d hang onto those and keep them for the MM. It’s already modified, but the T-Tops add more interest (and value!) to it than aftermarket pickups would.

Understood, I'll be honest, people love them, but I'm not mad about them & have a pair of Burstbucker 1 & 2 to put in which I much prefer, keeping it all Gibson. I was born in 1965 & have a little collection from that year, so unless something dramatic happens, it will never be sold.