SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Matchless SC 30/15 Custom....WITHDRAWN, please close

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Pinch punch bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTT
    bump
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668
    This is still very tempting. 

Is this basically like the standard C-30 amp now that it has the extra channel then? Minus the extra bass and treble knobs? So both channels just have the notched tone knobs?
    The 30/15 preamp has a single rotary tone control which isn't stepped, it takes you from jazz mellow to hard crunch, the ef86 channel has the stepped tone control with 6 positions which gives more or less brightness

here's an amazing demo of the spitfire/3015 preamp by Lance Keltner. The 30/15 is basically the Spitfire but with larger transformers etc which i think gives it a touch more bottom end, in fact a touch more of everything and thats on the 15w mode, on the 30w setting its a whole new level of everything!!

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668
    Sounds great! I'm pretty familiar with how Matchless work and sound, as I've used Bad Cat amps for the last 5 years or so. I currently have a 30w Black Cat.

I'm more than happy with the BC, but recently I got to A/B my amp against a Matchless, and the Matchless seemed to just be a whole level above the BC
    I have to agree with you. I had a 15w Badcat hand wired model and it was superb. But once I bought the Nighthawk that @Wazmeister now owns there was no going back. Not knocking the Badcat at all but the Matchless really was THE sound that my ear wanted and that other amps couldn’t quite get too. 
    bump
    bump
    TTT
    Back up for sale bump.