SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - WTB Long humbucker mounting screws

PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
edited February 2021 in Parts £
Looking for some longer pickup mounting screws than the 27mm ones i have.  Cant get my pickups low enough using the existing screws.   Pref nickel if anyone has some ? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7075
    tFB Trader
    I don't think you'll find any.

You could tap the pickup brackets and use M3 but you won't find them in nickel plate, stainless is probably closest.

Use lower pickup rings?

Pickups with short legs/change the baseplates on the ones you have?

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    I think you're right Steve
    - a pretty extensive search last night and can't find anything that doesn't have a large head or is countersunk etc 

They're for couple of Alegree Old Timer 59 PAFs which are going into the neck positions in the two builds I have going at the moment. I've emailed Alegree to see if he has any short leg baseplates available.   

If not,  then I could tap the legs for M3 too as you say -  if I can find any screws with small heads that won't look out of place. 

I should have thought about the pickup legs when I did the routs - I copied the routs from my old McCarty and it turns out the PRS pickups must be short leg in the neck position.   Doh ! 

The pickup rings are already shallow - the neck is set so that the bottom of the fretboard meets the cap on the body - so there's not a lot of room to play with! 

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Sorted - ordered some short leg nickel baseplates instead to accommodate the existing screws.