Fret buzz on 2nd fret low e

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Hi, Dazz

What puzzles me is that all of your problems seemed to come from just a relatively small change (change of string gauge) and I am concerned that working off assumptions of what might be wrong might mean you make some changes that make it worse rather than better.  Certainly this could be the case when you are talking about filing frets if our assumptions are wrong.  Less so with changing neck angles, etc because that is reversible, but once metal has been taken off frets, you can't stick it back on  :)

Is there anyone near Milton Keynes who can have a quick look for you and give you a view?  Or are there any forumites reading this who live closer to Milton Keynes than I do who could pop over to Dazz's and give an opinion?

Once you know for sure what the problem is, there's a huge number of forumites who can guide you how to fix it...
    ...does this make any sense?

Also - do you still have your 10's?  Have you tried putting them back on and see if it is OK again?...some guitars do struggle a bit with 9's
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • nutboxnutbox Frets: 34
    I can take it to my guitar tutors on Wednesday and see what he thinks. I do not have the tens anymore so I can't try them. Cheers for the help andy and I do understand your concern and I don't want to make it worse ,so I shall see what my guitar tutor thinks. Cheers dazz
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Great idea, Dazz

Andy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    Some necks are so flexible, that a change of string gauge will seriously change the neck relief, also  some necks can "stick" when the strings are removed, if the truss-rod is not exactly of the highest standard and it "binds" up in the slot
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom