SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Music Man Albert Lee SSS

What's Hot
rotiusrotius Frets: 130
edited February 2021 in Guitars £
Looking for a three single coil Albert Lee. Preferably a Hardtail with maple neck/fretboard. Pink burst would be wonderful, but colour not massive issue! Must be in mint condition! 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You wouldn't happen to have an HH you'd trade for an SSS? I do love my SSS but can't help but think the HH is the more practical option for me...

It's a 1996 in dark metallic blue with pearl white guard. Not a hardtail but it still looks brand new.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorted? What did you get?  =)
  • rotiusrotius Frets: 130
    Hi Simon! I’m sorry I haven’t replied to you, I move been in hospital with back problems! Worse luck! Anyway, from my bed I have secured a lovely pink burst Hardtail! I’ll send you a pic when I get it!
    Kind Regards, William 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No worries - wasn't being snotty re the reply, just excited to see details of another Albert! Sounds like you found exactly what you were after, too!

Best of luck with the recovery and happy pending NGD!
    Thank you so much Simon! I didn’t read that into your reply at all! It’s nice to share in the experience! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    @rotius ; I'd really love to see your Pinkburst. One of my biggest guitar regrets was letting my Pinkburst Albert Lee go. I regularly do stupid things, but that was something that I think about often. It was same as yours, an early Hardtail. So this morning I said to hell with it and treated myself to another identical Pinkburst Hardtail from the States. It's the same year as my old one and the serial numbers only a few digits away. Paid a bit over the odds for it but so looking forward to it arriving.

I really rate EBMM Guitars in general, they're something very special. And I recon the EBMM Albert Lee is the best "off the peg" standard production guitar out there.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    Im not a big fan of Music Man necks as @rotius will attest to but this thing blew my mind! Plays like a dream and sounds epic! Very light too and looks great! 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 851
    I still miss my Albert Lee. Best guitar I’ve owned.
    As this is an early one, it’s pre ‘Silent circuit’ and pre Locking tuners too! This guitar is now 27 years old, but if you saw it in person it looks no more than 3 MONTHS old! There is literally not one mark on it, no picking scrapes, absolutely zero fretwear, nothing!! Some very light discolouration of the natural oiled fretboard. I have seen new guitars hanging for sale in shops that display more signs of use! I think it has lived in its case from new until I obtained it a couple of weeks ago. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 462
    Congrats- that’s a beauty
    joeW said:
    Congrats- that’s a beauty
    Thanks JoeW! Appreciated! 
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited March 2021
    Lovely Guitar, really difficult to get a hold of, and nice to know that's now two more old Pinkburst's in the UK from the States, (or at least mine will be shortly). My old one had a replacement Guard on it, but the new one that's on it's way (like yours) has it's original plain WBW.

And yes, the old pre-silent circuit ones are awesome because they're all Wood, no cavity's and no plates, and Wood is something that EBMM excel at.

My old one...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    MikeS said:
    Lovely Guitar, really difficult to get a hold of, and nice to know that's now two more old Pinkburst's in the UK from the States, (or at least mine will be shortly). My old one had a replacement Guard on it, but the new one that's on it's way (like yours) has it's original plain WBW. Look awesome.

And yes, the old pre-silent circuit ones are awesome because they're all Wood, no cavity's and no plates, and Wood is something that EBMM excel at.

My old one...

Thanks MikeS! 
    Yeah, the only way to have them is original! I have to say I’m not a fan of the later ‘Mother of Toilet Seat’ pickguards (just my opinion and preference, no offence intended)!! Plain white all the way!!! Incidentally, the original white guards were not gloss finished, they’re sort of satin finished! Quite interesting! Recessed neck plate too, unlike the later ones. Nice to bring two more to these shores indeed! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom