SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone got a cheap body with a Strat neck pocket f/s ?

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
edited February 2021 in Parts £
Unusual one this 

Mate of mine who’s got no prior experience of guitar building/modding BUT has done some training as a cabinet maker and has a level of attention to detail that far exceeds mine was bored and casting around for a lockdown project. 
I asked him what he thought about having a go at scalloping a neck. 24 hrs later he came back to me to ask “straight scallop or Blackmore style ?” Which given he doesn’t even play goes to show quite how obsessively he’d already researched it !
I had a spare cheap neck kicking about so I gave it to him and he has done a cracking job of scalloping it, especially as it’s his first go, it’s a bit like $50 shoe shine on a $20 pair of shoes kind of thing.

https://imgur.com/gallery/N89aqJC

https://i.imgur.com/tHgFemm.jpg

So I reckon I should stick it on something and string it up, see what it’s like.
So does anyone have anything cheap with a Strat style neck pocket doesn’t have to be pretty, for choice I’d go hardtail but I get that down in the cheap seats a degree of flexibility is vital ! 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got a black Strat style body. I can't remember what it is but it's complete, loaded with pickups and fully wired.  £30 posted if it's any good to you?

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I've got a black Strat style body. I can't remember what it is but it's complete, loaded with pickups and fully wired.  £30 posted if it's any good to you?

Ooohh interesting offer. Seems almost churlish asking at this price point but solid wood or ply ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 819
    Hi Rob,
    I've got a couple of things that might suit, full mexican Blackie without neck, and a couple of ash strat bodies, various states, if they are any good.
    cheers
    andy k
    andy_k said:
    Hi Rob,
    I've got a couple of things that might suit, full mexican Blackie without neck, and a couple of ash strat bodies, various states, if they are any good.
    cheers
    andy k
    Hi mate, thanks for posting, I’ve seen that Blackie body and it is really nice but definitely out of my league price wise, well, currently at least. I’m definitely more up the “pocket money picks’ end of the spectrum, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4161
    Nice work on the scalloping - I've not spotted that approach before but it seems very sensible!
  • Yamaha rgx any use to you?
    Yamaha rgx any use to you?
    Dunno, does it have a standard Fender style neck pocket & scale