first post lockdown gig booked

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    We’ve got an outdoor one booked for the 15th May. Ummmm.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just had 3 gigs from July bumped to September 5th, almost more depressing than having them cancelled!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • horsehorse Frets: 1571
    Just had 3 gigs from July bumped to September 5th, almost more depressing than having them cancelled!
     That's interesting, as in theory there are no restrictions by July are there? I guess they're being cautious?

I'm being told this week that the venue has confirmed our 29 May gig is on - I can't really understand how they'll make the money work, and am guessing they might just be a bit clueless.
  • whatwhat Frets: 36
    Got our first booking after lockdown! An outdoor gig in December...
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Yeah we've been contacted today by one of our regular venues for a date in July! Can't wait to get playing again. Just need to work out when practices are allowed now. We're in Scotland.
  • Well, played my first gig in 14 months on Saturday night. It was a 'live-streaming' gig, so no audience apart from the soundman and the camera operator. A very weird experience!

It was also my first ever gig with this new band. I joined last summer, did a few rehearsals and was ready to start gigging then the bass player got cellulitis in his forearm so that knackered things for a couple of months. Then started rehearsing again ready to gig, then lockdowns happened and everything got put on ice for 4 months.

We were horribly under-rehearsed and the first couple of tracks were a bit of a mess, but we got better as the night went on and by the end we were all having a whale of a time!

If you're feeling generous you can donate to the venue and still get the link to the archived live-stream here - Ruby & The Mystery Cats – The Globe (theglobenewcastle.bar) 

If they put any clips up publicly on Youtube I'll throw the link up on here.