Bradley RoadRunner 100W

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    Any online seller who will ship them to where you are. You need three (or only one if you want to do the changing one at a time method) 12AX7s, any standard brand will be fine eg EH, JJ - no need to spend a lot.

The valves are easily accessible if you take the back panel/chassis of the amp off - have a look at the pictures in the post above. While you're in there, check that the various jumper connectors are tight - best to unplug each one and re-plug it, and if you have any put some contact cleaner on the pins - in case it's a dirty or corroded contact on one of them. Actually probably best to do this before spending money on valves! Although a spare is worth having anyway.

Just in case anyone asks, the one my friend has is now sold...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Looks a very well put together amp IC, but if I'm being totally honest with just a pair of Exicon 10P20 / 10N20s power Mosfets, would be surprised if it made a 100watts unclipped, but hey-ho maybe completely wrong :)    
    edited June 2017
    I never measured the power output, but I think you're right .

Although given that it has a single Eminence 100W speaker, that's no bad thing since the ratings on those are somewhat optimistic as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hi guys, bumping this a bit. I've got a Bradley 'The Hog 60' combo here. It's been lurking in my spare room for years and forgotten about. I'm going to clean it up and get it back in action. Does anyone know if they came with a footswitch, or would a universal one work? Cheers all
    Hi guys, bumping this a bit. I've got a Bradley 'The Hog 60' combo here. It's been lurking in my spare room for years and forgotten about. I'm going to clean it up and get it back in action. Does anyone know if they came with a footswitch, or would a universal one work? Cheers all
    No idea, but it's almost certain a standard latching footswitch will work - the Roadrunner was like that. If it has two channels it may be a single-button footswitch, although if it has reverb then it's possible a second button could be for that. If it has three channels like the Roadrunner it will definitely use a 2-button switch.

• Thanks for the advice ICBM. Let's see if this photo works.

Bradley The Hog https://imgur.com/gallery/HgtZnX7
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the advice ICBM. Let's see if this photo works.

Bradley The Hog https://imgur.com/gallery/HgtZnX7
    That's very interesting - it means the grille cloth on the Roadrunner was original, since it's the same and the triangular logo clearly corresponds to the missing one on the Roadrunner.

Looking at the Hog, I would say it's a near certainty that the 1/4" footswitch jack will be for a single-button mono switch just to change the channel. The telephone-type socket seems to be for a custom footswitch to change the 'Hog Style' as well - which is meant to be set to 'Trotter' when the footswitch is in use, I think. I like the names :).

• Yeah the names are cool. Actually fired it up! Both tubes glowing nicely. Bit buzzy but both channels work. Pots are crackly as hell. I'll probably get it serviced at the local amp shop and get a footswitch. Shame it doesn't have reverb built in.