Best value parlour guitar

What's Hot
I've a thing for a small body acoustic, for some slide and blues playing.

What would you recommend (looking to be as budget friendly as possible)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Solid spruce top for less than £170

https://www.coda-music.com/acoustic-guitars/recording-king/recording-king-dirty-30-s-series-9-parlour.html

Haven't tried one but read good reports.  There's a non-solid top one even cheaper. 

I had a lovely Tanglewood parlour a few years ago - TW73. They retail for > £600 I think, I picked it up on ebay for about £250 I think. It was excellent - well built, sounded great. Bit small for me in the end but enjoyed it while I had it for bluesy stuff on the sofa. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Saw a om version going locally with a case for 140 euros (seems steep second hand)
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1845
    Andy79 said:
    I like the concert sized one at the same price as the parlour. I already have a 3/4 sized Yamaha so would probably prefer a touch bigger than Parlour sized,but never say never.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Vintage V300M - mahogany top. Under £200 new and sounds fantastic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Vintage V300M - mahogany top. Under £200 new and sounds fantastic.I'
    Sorry posting from phone and not working as I want.

Is that a relation to the v400mh ? 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Andy79 said:
    I like the concert sized one at the same price as the parlour. I already have a 3/4 sized Yamaha so would probably prefer a touch bigger than Parlour sized,but never say never.
    Maybe best to change the title then...
    Zonular said:

Is that a relation to the v400mh ? 
    Yes, it’s the roughly 00-sized equivalent.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 240
    The Vintage V300M seems to come with all the right credentials but is there a 12 fret version?
    Just to derail just a bit. Seen a vintage v400mh a statesboro om model for around 100 euro locally . Or the other choice of an old egmond acoustic with high action for 20 quid
    Zonular said:
    Just to derail just a bit. Seen a vintage v400mh a statesboro om model for around 100 euro locally .
    The 400 is a Dreadnought, so probably not what you want. The Statesboro is no more than that new - I'm pretty sure they're ply topped, since the description just states 'mahogany' without specifying solid for the top like the other models.

Zonular said:

Or the other choice of an old egmond acoustic with high action for 20 quid
    Avoid, unless you fancy having a go at a DIY guitar rebuild... they're quirky and can be fun, but the basic quality isn't good and they usually need a lot of work to make playable.

Grand, that's what I wanted to hear.

I know the 400mh is advertising as solid mahogany and is the dreadnought.

From personal experience, much difference between a 000 / om and the parlour?

I'm going after the smaller body acoustic for that old acoustic blues sound and for slide playing