2 Audio Sources, 1 Pair of Headphones

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out with some setup guidance please.

I (re)started playing guitar this time last year, and have been using Rocksmith as my primary way to play along with songs.
This involved guitar - rocksmith cable to laptop - laptop to big speakers. Easy enough.

Now, I am playing the Rocksmith programme still connected to the speakers, but separately playing my guitar into a Boss ME-80 multi fx, then amp. I MUCH prefer this setup, as the sound is so much more authentic.
I just set the volume on my amp, then change the laptop volume to suit.

However, due to moving house, I will now not be able to play loudly and will need to use headphones.

Is there a solution so I can have the laptop and a separate audio supply (the guitar amp) come into the same set of headphones?
Again, I would set the amp to a volume that I like, then alter the laptop volume as and when needed.

I have just bought one of those Fender micro amps, if that is of any use for this problem.
I bought that for a separate scenario, but thought I'd mention it in case it is relevant/ a solution.

I also have a set of Sony XMH4s, if they could help solve this problem. 
I'm not great with tech stuff.

Many thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3871
    Does your amp have a “line in” socket? That’s what I use; so plug guitar in normally and the connected computer to line in and both sounds come out through speaker/headphones. 

• Oh, it's as simple as that?

Well my current one doesn't have that, but I will gladly use that an excuse to buy a new toy!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7864
    If you can a get a line out from the micro amp then buy a mini mixer and you can blend that and any other signals in. That way you can have laptop into it too and put multiple things into big speakers without faff. 
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1276
    Sorry if this stops new toy buying but ....

You can plug the line out from the laptop into the AUX IN socket on the ME-80. Then monitor from the PHONES OUT on the ME-80 or through your guitar amp.
  • @steamabacus ;

Yes, you're totally right. That works perfectly. Thanks so much, cant believe I didn't work that out myself.

And, £200 to spend on other toys now. Cry Baby, here we come