SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb: Telecaster 3 way pre-wired wiring harness

What's Hot
saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
edited March 2021 in Parts £
Hi All,

I am looking for a pre-wired Telecaster harness for a 52 blackguard build that I am working on.  Before I buy a new one I thought I would check if anyone had a used one going spare to sell?

Looking for decent components such as 250k CTS pots, Oak Grigsby 3 way switch, Switchcraft Jack and cloth wiring, decent cap etc.

Please message me if you have anything available?

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JGCJGC Frets: 157
    I've got this, it was made for a thinline so the spacings are slightly different but I checked and it would just need one wire changing / resoldering

• saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
    Thanks will see if any others come along with no mod needed first but will keep it in mind, cheers 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3046
    I've got one I made somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and let you know.
    Thanks that would be great
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    If you go down the "new" route I can highly recommend @sixstringsupplies his work is second to none.
    If you go down the "new" route I can highly recommend @sixstringsupplies his work is second to none.
    Thanks I will take a look if I can’t find a used one
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14472
    saxosim said:
    I am looking for a pre-wired Telecaster harness for a 52 blackguard build that I am working on. 
    Do you require the historically correct 1952 circuit or the modern neck/both/bridge way?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    I concur, i've had a few from Ed and they're great.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2021
    saxosim said:
    I am looking for a pre-wired Telecaster harness for a 52 blackguard build that I am working on. 
    Do you require the historically correct 1952 circuit or the modern neck/both/bridge way?
    I think I prefer the more modern circuit but saying that haven’t tried the historic version, what have you got?
    saxosim said:
    Hi @Funkfingers did you have a harness available?  What type did you have, would also be interesting to try the historic circuit?  Thanks 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14472
    I have nothing in particular to offer. I only sought clarification. 

If you order a pre-wired 1952 Blackguard type harness, you should receive ye olde bridge/neck/muffled sound set.* IMO, this is of limited musical usefulness. It is also a drag to disassemble and reconfigure to bridge/both/neck.

* The both pickups, in parallel, in phase sound is in there but requires the lever switch to be wedged between positions one and two.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3046
    saxosim said:
    I actually found two, but they're both 5-way. Sorry.

R.
    I have nothing in particular to offer. I only sought clarification. 

If you order a pre-wired 1952 Blackguard type harness, you should receive ye olde bridge/neck/muffled sound set.* IMO, this is of limited musical usefulness. It is also a drag to disassemble and reconfigure to bridge/both/neck.

* The both pickups, in parallel, in phase sound is in there but requires the lever switch to be wedged between positions one and two.
    Thanks, yes I think I want the modern circuit instead of vintage as much more usable I think.  Thanks 

saxosim said:
    I actually found two, but they're both 5-way. Sorry.

R.
    Thanks for checking