SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Bigsby Chet Atkins arm.

merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
edited April 2021 in Parts £
It's pretty unlikely that anyone has a spare, but if you do I'd be interested in putting one on my Gretsch. 
Needs to be chrome/stainless. 

Anyone?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    Bump....anyone have a spare?
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 40
    I put a gold one on my Phoenix, 5 mins with some brasso and it’s as shiny as chrome!  So don’t dismiss a gold one if you get chance! 
    cowmoo said:
    I put a gold one on my Phoenix, 5 mins with some brasso and it’s as shiny as chrome!  So don’t dismiss a gold one if you get chance! 
    Ha ha great advice, thanks for that. I found one though. What an improvement. 
    edited April 2021
    merlin said:
    cowmoo said:
    Ha ha great advice, thanks for that. I found one though. What an improvement. 
    How do you find closing the case now.  Mine sat really high and the arm poked over the edge when swung back in the rest position!!
    You can easily adjust the angle of the arm with a correct sized hex key. There are two hex bolts underneath. Also, string thickness and spring size/tension will have a strong influence on the arm height. 

I've been putting the arm downwards at about 90 degrees over the control knows. The tip sits on the internal edge of the case and the case closes really easily, as before. 

I adjusted it a dozen times when i got it then stuck it in a vise and heated it up until
    i was happy. The one i have is the longer version. It’s the bracket assembly that is quite high. It actually compresses the spring when the case is shut!!