Warmoth stuff...any good?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Lixarto said:
    Well, no vintage Tele has a dual action rod.
    I know but if a dual action rod is a significant improvement over a single action one, I'd consider it. It depends on the impact it has on the guitar's sound & playability. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16736
    nothing wrong with a dual action rod other than them not being traditional.

dual action rods are obviously a bit heavier, but the extra weight from the second rod is pretty insignificant and i doubt you could tell one from the other if you had both in your hands, especially when you consider how much the wood itself can vary

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    I've built a couple of very nice teles using uk parts.  Agree with all the comments though about value.  Next time I'll be more patient and build either a partscaster or a new one from second hand bits.
  • Thanks for the replies.
    daveww said:
    I've built a couple of very nice teles using uk parts.  Agree with all the comments though about value.  Next time I'll be more patient and build either a partscaster or a new one from second hand bits.
    From what I've read, nowhere in the UK offers a service like Warmoth or Musikraft for necks.

I'd like to buy the body in the UK. Swamp ash, probably a single piece, finished in a solid nitro colour. It won't be for a couple of months but I'd appreciate some links, if you have any.

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670

www.guitarbuild.co.uk do really nice swamp ash bodies - excellent light weight wood, and can modify details/routing if required. I don't think they do nitro-finishing, but they might still know something about getting that done all the same. You could get in touch and have a chat with Phil the owner if interested. I made this strat using one of their one-piece swamp ash bodies, it's a superb instrument if I do say so myself lol!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @megii thanks a lot for that. Just had a look and that all looks very nice. I might give him a shout to see if he can do what I need.
    breadfan said:
    Thanks for the replies.
    daveww said:
    From what I've read, nowhere in the UK offers a service like Warmoth or Musikraft for necks.

I'd like to buy the body in the UK. Swamp ash, probably a single piece, finished in a solid nitro colour. It won't be for a couple of months but I'd appreciate some links, if you have any.
    Admittedly not nitro but I'm really pleased with the neck I got from Vansonguitars on ebay.  Not UK (France) but I'm very tempted to try the licenced stuff listed by fretdreamer (adpguitarshop) as well.  Been mentioned here a lot before and I can recommend the woodtone finishes too.

What I was intending to say was to keep your eye out for stuff (Warmoth etc) people had bought and not used.  Then buy it second hand in the UK.  
    :\"> doh  - just remembered your looking to build a charvel ...