Trigger gets a new body.

What's Hot
Is it in the box?

Yes here it is.

So 3 or 4 years ago I bought  a mongrel from my local guitar emporium. They had taken it from someone they thought was straight but then disappeared never to be seen again. When inspected it wasn't all Fender parts the Fender rep confirmed the neck and electrics were kosher but no way was the body theirs.
I liked the neck and once I had wired the pick ups properly it sounded OK but thin like a cigarette paper.
I put a steel trem block in and that showed just how thin the body was, it improved the sound a tiny bit though.

I have had an eye out for a better body for ages but hadn't seen anything, most were relics and I am not keen on relicing.

So it stayed like this though I did refret the neck.

Actually the picture flatters the body as it has numerous chips.

Anyway I saw some bodies on the Northwest guitars website and had a little bonus from work so after approval from the committee
I ordered the new body.
Yesterday I stripped the parts off the old body.

Strange routing - why not just do a swimming pool rout?

It went together pretty well except. 
The neck is 22 fret so there is the little overhang at the dusty end without the neck humbucker rout that scratchplate full of pickups ain't going to fit.
Two options:
1. take the neck off fit the scratchplate and pray the electrics work.
2. Break out the router.

At this point I knelt before a holy relic and intoned "Holy Mary mother of grace put me on a lucky ace" option one selected.

Ready for strings and strap buttons.

Complete except for the backplate which was never fitted after the trem block was changed so I need to find it.

Did some tweaking to the action and it plays fine, does it sound "better"? well Mrs Fez says so.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14520
    That thin/original body is a genuine Squier Affinity STRAT. Probably worth a few quid to a project builder on a tight budget.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    That thin/original body is a genuine Squier Affinity STRAT. Probably worth a few quid to a project builder on a tight budget.
    No idea what it is but it could be if they have that odd routing. It may well end up in the classified ads for just such a person.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom