Roadie Tuner?

What's Hot
Any of you fellas have experience of the 'Roadie Tuner' ?
I picked one up and at first it seemed ok, but once or twice its gone nuts and just snapped strings by massively overwinding?

Its like its flippd into 'wind or unwind' mode, which it can do to remove a full set of strings when required.
But a couple of times its came up with message stating there was a problem and whetherto restart, continue or cancel calibration?
It bust a third (plain wire) string and a fourth (wound) on another guitar, wary of letting it loose on anything else before cheacking things out...

Appreciate any help here guys.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• donbotdonbot Frets: 361
    Send it back and get a real tuner. Can’t go wrong with a Peterson. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    edited April 2021 tFB Trader
    Ten-Coats said:
    I picked one up and at first it seemed ok, but once or twice its gone nuts and just snapped strings by massively overwinding?

Its like its flippd into 'wind or unwind' mode, which it can do to remove a full set of strings when required.
    But a couple of times its came up with message stating there was a problem and whetherto restart, continue or cancel calibration?
    It bust a third (plain wire) string and a fourth (wound) on another guitar...
    Rogue tuner. This is how it starts.

Next it will be all Skynet and T1000s
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    Ten-Coats said:

We're already way past that @SteveRobinson
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    It's not unusual for a "labour saving" device to end up making more work for you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18749
    Sounds like it was accurately modelled on the real thing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    I have a couple of the Roadie 2 models, as they gave them to me for reviews and I've not had that happen with either.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6683
    stonevibe said:
    I have a couple of the Roadie 2 models, as they gave them to me for reviews and I've not had that happen with either.
    You're obviously using them wrongly.  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ten-Coats said:

You mean "Turn it back!" instead of "I'll be back!" :#
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    merlin said:
    stonevibe said:
    You're obviously using them wrongly.  =)
    To be fair, I don't use them very often as it is way quicker to use my TC clip on tuners. So if left in a draw gathering dust is wrong, then you got me.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway