Mark Gatiss to do a MR James Chrissy Ghost Story

johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
edited September 2013 in Off Topic
Just spotted this and as I love ghost stories and miss the traditional Xmas ghostie stories I am well chuffed 

Although we got one last year IIRC.

It has a few other Doctor Who Ulumnus too as well as a new Sherlock connection. 

I have high hopes that it will be very good and restart it as a tradition and get some remakes of classic ghost stories by dudes like Gatiss. 

Also looking forward to Mark Gatiss' Doctor Who drama doccie about the start of the franchise. 

Anyone else like a good suspenseful ghost story at xmas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BasherBasher Frets: 1212
    Love them!
    Was underwhelmed by the remake of Whistle and I'll Come to You - the Jonathan Miller version is just magical. 
    Would really like to see all of the 70s ones based on how good "A Warning to the Curious" and Dickens' "The Signalman" are.
  • Agreed on all counts some remakes are not so good but some hit the spot and have the same sensibilities as the original, but yes I generally prefer the original vintage versions myself.

Not sure if I hallucinated it but I am sure I saw summat about the Signalman getting another airing in the near future, if I find a link I will post it.