Function players assemble. Best silent stage gear advise needed.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    Yeah, the ONLY time to do silent stage is if you're forced to by the venue. 

You gotta be a psychopath to not want an amp on stage if you're allowed one
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    Yeah, the ONLY time to do silent stage is if you're forced to by the venue. 

You gotta be a psychopath to not want an amp on stage if you're allowed one
    Hello, I’m your local psychopath. Fifty years of loud music have taken their toll on my hearing. Nowadays I have to rely on IEMs 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 846
    Sad to say, but the answer for all function bands is to go digital.

Better for sound, more controllable, no tone change with volume, silent stage with I'm if needed....

Sure your not getting the rock n roll feeling, but as a function band your not rock stars your the hired help.

Ultimately digital is just the best way for functions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459

Better for sound, more controllable, no tone change with volume, silent stage with I'm if needed....

Sure your not getting the rock n roll feeling, but as a function band your not rock stars your the hired help.

It's often the best way even for the bigger gigs.  When the likes of Mark Knopfler use a Kemper, it says something.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33805
    edited July 2021

I have no issue with going digital with guitar but as a drummer I'd rather not gig that be forced to play an electric kit.
    And if the drummer is acoustic then the band might as well be amped up.
    Venues/councils need to get over it- it is meant to be rock and roll, even if it is a slightly anodyne and neutered version of it.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1877
    What a shame we can't silence that same bass that seems to blast from everybody under 30's car going through every local high street every day of the week. 
  • ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    octatonic said:

I have no issue with going digital with guitar but as a drummer I'd rather not gig that be forced to play an electric kit.
    Venues/councils need to get over it- it is meant to be rock and roll, even if it is a slightly anodyne and neutered version of it.
    this is true! 

Best option (as always) is compromise. 

Drummer should have a decent electric kit for limiter gigs, where all guitars and bass are DI / amp sim solutions.

Then lovely marquee gigs with no limiter get proper drums and proper amps. 

simple! 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 846
    octatonic said:

Agreed, though electronic kits for function bands are also becoming more necessary.

My 80s band drummer has had to go electronic for just that reason.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33805
    octatonic said:

Agreed, though electronic kits for function bands are also becoming more necessary.

My 80s band drummer has had to go electronic for just that reason.
    Compliance is the problem then- bands should stop buckling.

Electric kits suck, end of.
    I'll happily knock back a gig if it means having to play on an e-kit.
    There is plenty of work out there without that requirement.