Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Klon Centaur - the original one

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2410
    At the very least it’s an investment piece. Before I knew what Klons were, a forumite several years ago (either here or on Musicradar) offered an original gold one for £500. I laughed, thinking how could any pedal be worth that much money. But now ... well I needn’t say any more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • johnmontanajohnmontana Frets: 41
    edited May 2021
    @Voxman - those here who have pedals you don’t use,  raise your hand! ....and to be more specific to your question...I am using a Jan Ray which suits me better, for “Klon” sounds purposes. 
    @Wazmeister, @joeyowen, @beed84, @Slimbert - cheers for making my case!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Slimbert said:
    Why can't he just buy one because he wants one?
    Sure, I completely get that. But I was working on the premise that if @johnmontana ; didn't like the KTR or if he was already using something else that suited him better, then why buy an original Klon? As Mr Spock would say 'it's illogical, captain".  :)

But if he just "wants one" then of course it's his choice and I take the point it could be considered an investment. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    ....... those here who have pedals you don’t use,  raise your hand!
    Guilty M’lud.

I currently have eight amps and I’m not even currently in a band! I also have more pedals which are NOT on the board than are. I just like nice gear and enjoy owning it and just using it at home at the moment.

If you want an original Klon, then track one down, it doesn’t appear that you will lose any money!

Rob
  • Anyone selling?

Cheers!

Hi John, are you still looking?
  • Hes probably pissed off after the aggro he got from being called Jeff Bezos......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @teiscoboy, please PM with price, some details, history, photos etc. 

Cheers!
  • One just gone up on reverb - only 4.5K!!  I’m sure to someone somewhere that’s a bargain… ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One just gone up on reverb - only 4.5K!!  I’m sure to someone somewhere that’s a bargain… ;)
    I’ve got a Klon KTR I’d sell for a little less…  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • KristoKristo Frets: 131
    beed84 said:
    At the very least it’s an investment piece. Before I knew what Klons were, a forumite several years ago (either here or on Musicradar) offered an original gold one for £500. I laughed, thinking how could any pedal be worth that much money. But now ... well I needn’t say any more. 
    That might have been me. I sold a gold one on Music Radar for £500. Wish I still had it :-( 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kristo said:
    beed84 said:
    That might have been me. I sold a gold one on Music Radar for £500. Wish I still had it :-( 
    I remember turning one down on Intermusic.com for ~£280 as part of a trade against a guitar :( 
  • Contact Klon Siberia as he’s got one available for the right price. 
  • 4 and a half grand lol. That's proper crack pipe.  :o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • These Klon prices are causing a lot of distortion ….
  • I need to stick three brown knobs on my silver Passat as it's worth considerably less than that. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2182
    Have to agree that these are ridiculous now. The reason to own one now isn't for the tone because as we know that can be had for c£100, but for the ownership itself. It's a collectors item. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Barnezy said:
    Have to agree that these are ridiculous now. The reason to own one now isn't for the tone because as we know that can be had for c£100, but for the ownership itself. It's a collectors item. 

Absolutely this and if you can afford to spend 4k plus on a collectable overdrive pedal then you have too much money.
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 463
    When I need to post a letter I use a normal stamp not a collectable expensive one.  They do the same job, but I don't see any harm in anyone having a collection of expensive things they treasure, it just has a different purpose.  I am glad that there are decent clones available that you can still gig without needing full security detail.