SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Ceriatone Dizzy 30

What's Hot
cosmicnedcosmicned Frets: 40
Long shot I know but worth a punt before I order one from Ceriatone- cash waiting etc…
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You won’t regret it. I picked one up a few weeks ago! 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11943
    edited May 2021
    I had one, custom ordered, it was very nice, but could not quite nail the DC30 sound, I bought a Matchless in the end

I would give 2 bits of advice:
    1. You will need the right speakers to make it sound right, mine sounded much better with the Matchless cab, and run through my DC30 combo speakers
    2. If you are thinking of ordering a DZ30 new, then just buy a used DC30 instead, it is worth it, and would have been a lot cheaper than buying a new DZ30 and selling it second hand on the way. btw it took me a very very long time to sell mine, even with a custom-made very pretty cabinet with special woods

I love Ceriatone stuff, have had about 8 of their amps, but for amps where you can still buy "the real thing" from the original maker, who is still hand-building them, then I'd stick with the original where possible. I still have 2 of my ceriatone
     dumble clones, but can't afford an original Dumble :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cosmicnedcosmicned Frets: 40
    I much appreciate the advice guys… I’ve a big collection of nice speakers & cabs…sadly i  just don’t see matchless DC30’s on the second hand market much- and usually they’re combos- with the attendant hernia!   i just need the head version for recording work…  I used to have a Ceriatone DZ 30 & stupidly sold it… big regrets… (sigh) 
    cosmicned said:
    I much appreciate the advice guys… I’ve a big collection of nice speakers & cabs…sadly i  just don’t see matchless DC30’s on the second hand market much- and usually they’re combos- with the attendant hernia!   i just need the head version for recording work…  I used to have a Ceriatone DZ 30 & stupidly sold it… big regrets… (sigh) 
    Matchless use doping on their speakers, have you read up on that? It's something you can do yourself, and the basic drivers they use are reasonable priced Celestions
    cosmicned said:
    After you reminded me, I just searched on ebay, here's my old one, someone sold it last month

ceriatone dizzy 30 (matchless dc30 clone) amplifier head with extras | eBay 
  • NickBNickB Frets: 242
    I had one and it was an amazing amp. Properly punched you in the guts. I couldn’t justify keeping it as it was too darn loud. I bought a Victory VC35 Copper as a replacement. 
  • cosmicnedcosmicned Frets: 40
    Cheers for comments chaps- still looking - still got cash lol…