SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Delete.... Again....

What's Hot
NerineNerine Frets: 2133
edited May 2021 in Amps £
Absolute waste of time.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Why did you fail to mention the amp
    has a issue in your Facebook for sale post?

I’d be pissed if I was the buyer 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2133
    Why did you fail to mention the amp
    has a issue in your Facebook for sale post?

I’d be pissed if I was the buyer 
    Why are you assuming I am trying to rip someone off?

I've already mentioned that I am happy for people to try it out at volume, I'm happy to send videos of it, I've linked to the thread where I explain what the issue is, I've said the amp has a gremlin in it, I've amended the Facebook ad so it is now clearly in the body of the ad to keep you happy (It would have been discussed via PM or phone call at the point of contact with a potential buyer regardless, but I guess it's cool to assume otherwise, right?), I've already publicly replied to someone asking if they have seen that the amp has an issue, and I would have encouraged anyone to try it out to make sure they have seen/heard it etc before parting with their cash.

It's priced sensibly given that someone with some knowhow could possibly permanently sort it it for free, I've said I'm open to offers and I have uploaded clear pictures of it. I want people to know what they're getting. The last thing I want is comeback and hassle on a few hundred quid's worth of amp. It's really not worth my time.

If you think I am trying to make out that this is something it's not, or i am trying to pull a fast one, then I don't know what to say, tbh... Paranoia perhaps?

I posted two ads yesterday. One for a guitar which was berated due to being overpriced when the comments weren't really justified after having explained my thinking via PM, but it consequently ruined the thread, and now this - accused of being dishonest.  

Do people really not have anything better to do than to trawl the classifieds and stick their oar in? FFS. Ridiculous. 

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited May 2021
    Like I said when you PM’d me in a strop. Why was this information completely omitted from your Facebook sale post?

It’s a very odd way of selling. Advertising an item that clearly has some sort of documented fault and completely omitting that from the listing. 

Why would you only mention the fault once you have interested buyers on the hook
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    Well overpiced for a faulty amp. Do you actually know what the issue is and how much it would cost to fix?
    BumFace said:
    Well overpiced for a faulty amp. Do you actually know what the issue is and how much it would cost to fix?
    It could be anything from a preamp valve to a dry solder joint. They seem to be the suggestions in the other thread. Have you read it??! I guess the alternative is to get it to a tech, get it fixed and sell it for market value? Potential £20 fix for me and then a lot more profit. However, I won't do that. At that point I'll just keep it. It's a bit difficult to determine what the problem is when it happens once in a blue moon for about 10-20 seconds randomly, doesn't affect how the amp sounds and I cannot make the amp replicate the problem at will to be able to adequately troubleshoot it. The amp does not sound faulty, it does not exhibit any traits of it being faulty in day to day use. I know it sounds crazy, and way out there, but I had considered that someone that's nifty with amp troubleshooting might take a punt on it for that price, given the information I have provided in the other thread I have linked to, with the knowledge that they'd be able to fix it for possibly peanuts, and they'd get a great sounding 800 for cheap. What would you suggest??! Give it away? Donate it?
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Wow - 

I read the original post and was thinking what a great job you've done of being transparent and then read the rest. 

Beats me what the problem is.

You've described the issues in black and white. I don't know if it's priced too highly for something with a gremlin, but if it is then the market will dictate, and no one will buy it. 

I wish all sellers were this honest. 

• BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    Nerine said:
    BumFace said:
    It could be anything from a preamp valve to a dry solder joint. They seem to be the suggestions in the other thread. Have you read it??! I guess the alternative is to get it to a tech, get it fixed and sell it for market value? Potential £20 fix for me and then a lot more profit. However, I won't do that. At that point I'll just keep it. It's a bit difficult to determine what the problem is when it happens once in a blue moon for about 10-20 seconds randomly, doesn't affect how the amp sounds and I cannot make the amp replicate the problem at will to be able to adequately troubleshoot it. The amp does not sound faulty, it does not exhibit any traits of it being faulty in day to day use. I know it sounds crazy, and way out there, but I had considered that someone that's nifty with amp troubleshooting might take a punt on it for that price, given the information I have provided in the other thread I have linked to, with the knowledge that they'd be able to fix it for possibly peanuts, and they'd get a great sounding 800 for cheap. What would you suggest??! Give it away? Donate it?
    No.  I'd suggest taking it to a tech, getting the problem professionally diagnosed (instead of guessing), getting a quote etc or getting it fixed.  It might be completely f**ked for all you know.  An amp that cuts out when you're playing is worth pretty much f**k all.
  • relic245 said:
    Wow - 

I read the original post and was thinking what a great job you've done of being transparent and then read the rest. 

You've described the issues in black and white. I don't know if it's priced too highly for something with a gremlin, but if it is then the market will dictate, and no one will buy it. 

Yes he’s been transparent on here but no mention whatsoever on his FB ad that there was a problem until I mentioned it 
    relic245 said:
    Wow - 

Yes he’s been transparent on here but no mention whatsoever on his FB ad that there was a problem until I mentioned it 

Fucking hell, call the police already.... I amended the ad within an hour. You're literally making an outrage out of nothing. No one's getting scammed. No one is buying a faulty amp unknowingly. You could have done the sensible thing and just PM'd me to begin with, but no. Another thread successfully shat on and turned into a drama for no reason.

At this point I'm just gonna remove it from sale anyway. So there you are. You win the classifieds today.  

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited May 2021
    Won't be deleting it any time soon, just to ensure there's no fallout on either side into other threads - that would be a very dickish thing to happen.

@Nerine - feel free to start another thread, and vigilantes please levave him alone if there's full disclosure.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.