SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Calling All Devonian Guitarists

Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
Where do you have band rehearsal?

I’m looking to get together with a few friends/family members for a jam. We are disparately spread out between Exeter and Liskeard.

A happy middle ground to meet would be the Ashburton / Newton Abbot area. But since Big Red has gone I can’t find anywhere we could go.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Exeter has Tazma, which we were using just before Lockdown, and Brazen, which I have not been to yet, but have a dep rehearsal booked for in June.

Otherwise my other bands (mostly North Devon based, while I'm bang in the middle)  book village halls and take PA.

loads to choose from and they're all pretty cheap.
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    @Dave_Vader I'm based in Exeter and mainly use Unit 3 Studios in Dawlish. I've heard Brazen are good been not been there yet. Hadn't heard of Tazma, cheers for the heads up, will give them a look.

Just trying to locate somewhere closer to Newton Abbot to make it easier for the folks that live more down the Cornish end/ Such a shame Big Red has gone that would have been ideal.

The village hall is a good shout, but we don't have any PA and I think the drummer is reluctant to bring his kit along for set up and pack down etc. too. Lazy :)
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Don't really venture to Newton Abbot much, used to record at Music Mill there though, do they have rehearsal facilities there? Assuming it's still going.
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    Music Mill are still going, looks good, but recording sessions only unfortunately. Looks like ive found a place in Paignton called Ocean Studio