DI out recording on JCM800 Studio

I’ve got to lay some guitar parts on a demo later, have been using my hx stomp lately but i fancy trying the di out on my Jcm800 studio. Does it still need a cab connected or does the speaker emulation inside for the DI account for the load?

Also I can hook it up to a thd hot plate and run a line out from that on the load setting, assuming again that i don’t need a cab hooked to up. Don’t really want to try my amp so thought it best to check here first to make sure I’m thinking it through correctly. 

\m/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    I wouldn't bother personally your stomp is going to sound way better than the DI of the amp. Either go full modelling or mic a cab imo. The middle ground is more faff for worse results. 

I've not tried a JCM800 but bother my JVM410h and AVY150h's DI outputs were abysmal. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72488
    You must have a speaker or load connected, but the Hotplate is OK if you don't want to use a cab. Make sure it's set to Load.

You can then use either the amp's DI out (emulated), or the Hotplate's (not emulated) if you're using IRs.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein