Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Guesting as frontman for the Kingston Blues Band at Toft Village Hall tonight. Mrs Bigjon is deigning to come and listen to me playing a gig for the first time in nearly ten years!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4053
    Bit of a first for us tomorrow, an early set on a Sunday.  6-9pm with a break in the middle.

New venue for us too.  Wickford.  Anyone out that way, coming along now?

The Duke
    80 High St
    Wickford
    SS12 9AT
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 922

First outing for my new band Lowrise (lowrisemusic.com)

We'll be at the Night and Day Café on Oldham Street in Manchester at 9.20

Squeaky bums starting at about 4pm this afternoon.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just in from album launch where we made £230. Which is pretty fucking decent for playing originals all night in my book!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • First gig with new band, The Sidewinders, tonight at The Frankland Arms, Thirsk. We play a mix of rock/pop/blues covers.

I've learned 24 songs in about six weeks, and we have a dep drummer - what could possibly go wrong? :)

R.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    The Old Fox, Felling, Gateshead.

My car might still be outside the pub at midnight. No, really.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • First gig with new band, The Sidewinders, tonight at The Frankland Arms, Thirsk. We play a mix of rock/pop/blues covers.

I've learned 24 songs in about six weeks, and we have a dep drummer - what could possibly go wrong? :)
    Actually, it went very well. First set was really tight. Second could have been better but nothing the punters would notice (missed out sections of songs, etc).

My rig, pre-gig (not my photo):

From L-R: Trigger's Strat, Traynor YRM-1SC, Yamaha SG3000S, plus a few pedals down the front.

I'm back. :)

R.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    gusman2x said:

Just seen this-would have popped along as it's in my neck of the woods, how did you go?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    gusman2x said:

Just seen this-would have popped along as it's in my neck of the woods, how did you go?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• RolandRoland Frets: 8792
    Double header in Derby this weekend. Tonight we are at The Paddock in Breadsall. Saturday it's Ye Olde Spa Inn in Abbey Street, in the centre of town. Both are new locations for us.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Feck, forgot that I am 8-X another pub in West Bromwich. Theres one next Saturday night too, it's like a world tour of West Bromwich.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    Double duties - Annual Christmas gig on Thurs 11th Dec at Fire in Vauxhall. First off I'm playing guitar in an 80s rock band (some G 'N' R, Def Leppard, Gun, Dave Lee Roth) and then I'm on bass with my Madness tribute band.
  • ^^^ somewhat more impressive than my once in a blue moon blues gigs.

The world tour of West Bromwich completes tomorrow night. Last gig with this band for me and t'other guitarist although they will soldier on.
  • Tomorrow I are giggaging in Chester - big function thing we do every year. Always, always overruns with the meal and raffle etc and we end up doing one condensed set, so this year they have brought the start time forward so we may get a full two set show in...

Yesterday I had the day off the day job for our gig at ...Sainsbury's, Tamworth!

In the staff canteen, free food and booze for the staff, 30 or so in the first sitting...45 minute set..THEN THEY WENT BACK TO WORK AND THE NEXT SITTING CAME IN..! Did more or less the same 45 minute set and then packed up and went home..
    One of the most bizarre gigs we've ever done but..did I mention the free food? There was free food.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8792
    Tomorrow, Saturday 6th, at the Robin Hood in Sherwood, Nottingham - doesn't that sound dramatic - on the Mansfield Road. Last gig of the year with the classic covers set. Next week we add the Christmas songs.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    Tomorrow, Saturday 6th, at the Robin Hood in Sherwood, Nottingham - doesn't that sound dramatic - on the Mansfield Road. Last gig of the year with the classic covers set. Next week we add the Christmas songs.

every third pub in Nottingham being called the Robin Hood. :(|)
    Tomorrow night (Sat) at the Ship in Cambridge with 60s & 70s rock covers Flashback. We played there last August and the landlord when he rebooked us complained that bands tend to repeat their sets fron last time, so we're going to play a completely different setlist with no overlap!
  • Blinkwatch in Leamington tonight at The Copper Pot. Should be a busy one.
  • vizviz Frets: 10751
    edited December 2014
    Having a couple of outings with Basement Jaxx next week - Monday it's the Cambridge Corn Exchange and Thursday it's the O2.

Cambridge types, I urge you to come to cornex, their show is unbelievable!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    Having a couple of outings with Basement Jaxx next week - Monday it's the Cambridge Corn Exchange and Thursday it's the O2.

Cambridge types, I urge you to come to cornex, their show is unbelievable!
    I'm otherwise occupied on Monday, sadly - would have loved to see the Gorilla in his natural habitat.